GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 91.54

5,942 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.4% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Chris Beer
Australia
flag msg tools

This is my very first time designing a game btw. Any help for a newb is much appreciated.

Overview:

Each of the players commands an Infantry Regiment(or Brigade for Commonwealth nations) of opposing sides of WWII. Use support Units, Actions and Traps to destroy or disable the enemy's Battalions to achieve Victory. Basically Magic meets Wargaming, but with simultaneous turns.

Length: Ideally about 30 minutes

Rulebook: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rGjW94YC_pWK1ucSIj05a3QfA4...

How far am I:

Not very far at all. I'm still trying to figure out the programs for creating the actual Cards, but I have a Excel sheet with all their values. No play-testing yet, not even by myself. I don't have any art yet, and sadly I have the artistic talent of a sponge. I'm thinking about paying someone to do the artwork, but I feel like it is still too early to make that kind of investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Bellocq
Uruguay
flag msg tools
in my short experience you should make a prototipe the most quickly possible.. that shows you a lot about the dinamic of it..

dosnt have to be a full imaged prototipe or something like that... use some pices of papers to make that or cards and prove it!! that helps a lot..

[sorry for the bad english whistle ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks interesting and I totally agree with Byshocker, Make a prototype and get testing the system/mechanics to see if it works. Often what happens to me personally and i'm sure for other designers as well is that the idea, while it may look good on paper, sometimes doesn't work as planned. Not meant to discourage you, just a motivation to test the idea out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.