GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 70.83
30.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left
I pledged this game with some questions and doubt... My objective was to confirm or not my pledge during Essen 2016 as they were present with a booth.
What I like :
- a lot of choices, 21 actions available
- many strategies (3 different scoring tiles families plus many ways to avoid losing points each turn)
- a real challenge for ressources management lover (as I am) : many ways to optimize way to get ressources
- theme si well integrated, the queen is angry :-) we feel it during all the game
- clever mechanics to copy action with punitions, swap 2 bonus tiles, etc.
- 3 different sets of bonus tiles (one time, all time, income)
- a small dose of luck (draw in the mine bag) but it gives you a way to lock others players with stones
- illustration are wonderful
What I dislike :
- some informations are written with a too small font on the board
- seems better with 3 and 4 players (I didn't play 2 players but I think that the actions system is better with 3 and 4 players)
In conclusion : I confirm my pledge ! it's a great game really different from others workers placement game. I can't wait to play it again !
- Last edited Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:56 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:48 am
Hi Frédéric. Wonderful to hear you liked Pixie Queen! I can add that we know about the font issue. We will adjust the text (more contrast) to make it more visable, if possible a bit bigger as well.
saint germain les arpajon
Excellent review. We played the game at Essen like you and..like it .
Now very impatient to have the box next year !