Subject: Review of 3 players play during Essen 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frédéric Meurrens
France
LESQUIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pledged this game with some questions and doubt... My objective was to confirm or not my pledge during Essen 2016 as they were present with a booth.

What I like :
- a lot of choices, 21 actions available
- many strategies (3 different scoring tiles families plus many ways to avoid losing points each turn)
- a real challenge for ressources management lover (as I am) : many ways to optimize way to get ressources
- theme si well integrated, the queen is angry :-) we feel it during all the game
- clever mechanics to copy action with punitions, swap 2 bonus tiles, etc.
- 3 different sets of bonus tiles (one time, all time, income)
- a small dose of luck (draw in the mine bag) but it gives you a way to lock others players with stones
- illustration are wonderful

What I dislike :
- some informations are written with a too small font on the board
- seems better with 3 and 4 players (I didn't play 2 players but I think that the actions system is better with 3 and 4 players)

In conclusion : I confirm my pledge ! it's a great game really different from others workers placement game. I can't wait to play it again !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Seuntjens
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi Frédéric. Wonderful to hear you liked Pixie Queen! I can add that we know about the font issue. We will adjust the text (more contrast) to make it more visable, if possible a bit bigger as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lequien emmanuel
France
saint germain les arpajon
none
flag msg tools
mbmb
Excellent review. We played the game at Essen like you and..like it meeple.

Now very impatient to have the box next year !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.