Subject: multiple Rum cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Apollo God
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to check what happens when 2 players play the Rum card (they get the auction card).

According to the rules Action cards are resolved in player order starting from the dealers left, does that mean that the first player who played a Rum card in player order gets the auction card? does that then stop the auction and no other Action cards are resolved?

or do the remaining action cards resolve in which case who gets the auction card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Fry
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A great question! All action cards are resolved starting at the dealer's left and moving around the table. If a player has multiple action cards in play, he or she can determine in what order they resolve before you move to the next person on the left.

In the situation you mention, the Rum card that comes along first in resolution would win the card that is up for auction. The next one would not be able to take the card that is up for auction as there is no longer a card that is up for auction and would therefore not have anything to win. So short answer, the one closest the dealer's left takes it, the rest are out of luck!

Thanks for playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo God
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Josh

Thanks for the response that is what I thought, but do other Action cards still resolve for this auction?

I don't have the rule book in front of me but I don't think it says in the rules explanation of Rum that the auction ends. Always best to check

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Fry
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, the auction is not technically over after the first 'Rum' card takes the card that is up for auction. While the action cards left on the table can no longer affect the card that is up for auction (because it has been taken), you still play out what is on the table and cards like 'Hidden Plunder' that deal with other aspects of the game are still resolved.

I have on several occasions used 'Tavern Brawl' after someone at the table has used 'Rum' to target them and make sure they sit out for the next round as punishment for running off with the card I wanted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.