Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/darrell-issa-doug-appleg...=&

Thanks, Donald. Sink this dude with your fetid candidacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Issa's corruption is the world's worst kept secret. The only thing left to decide is HOW corrupt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the races for the House. I guess it is just too expensive to do a lot of polling. The 270towin site has the Democrats picking up only 7 seats (from 186 to 193) with 14 more seats in the 'tossup' category.

The Dems would have to pick up 32 seats to control the House which seems unlikely. With Hillary carrying such a massive lead, however, I just don't see how there aren't going to be a lot of people who ride her coattails into office. I think the chance is pretty good that the Dems manage to get over 210 seats (they need 218 to control the House). There are very likely to be a lot of surprise victories for the Democrats due to lack of voter turnout for the Republicans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the races for the House. I guess it is just too expensive to do a lot of polling. The 270towin site has the Democrats picking up only 7 seats (from 186 to 193) with 14 more seats in the 'tossup' category.

The Dems would have to pick up 32 seats to control the House which seems unlikely. With Hillary carrying such a massive lead, however, I just don't see how there aren't going to be a lot of people who ride her coattails into office. I think the chance is pretty good that the Dems manage to get over 210 seats (they need 218 to control the House). There are very likely to be a lot of surprise victories for the Democrats due to lack of voter turnout for the Republicans.

The fact that the seat is even contested is a sign of trouble. Heavily R district, but in the open primary, he barely beat Applegate.

https://ballotpedia.org/California%27s_49th_Congressional_Di...

Past three elections, Issa mopped up the opponent...

https://ballotpedia.org/California%27s_49th_Congressional_Di...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Issa's corruption is the world's worst kept secret. The only thing left to decide is HOW corrupt.

Are we talking Hillary level of corruption ? I have not heard about Issa being corrupt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Altair IV wrote:

Are we talking Hillary level of corruption ? I have not heard about Issa being corrupt.

Wow... this isn't surprising. JJ light on research and scholarship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Altair IV wrote:

Actual real corruption and not your pretty legit corruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.