Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
An area control game with so much theme it actually made Sam Healey have to not like the game. Watch the review Sam's Review

Amazon Link

Sons of Anarchy: Men of Mayhem on BGG

I expect these kind of purges will happen as we get closer to the holidays. For me though... $12 area control with "too much theme", sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just can't get past the theme. C'mon kids, let's build a meth lab and kill some skin head bikers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
My one group is rather... shall we say... indifferent to almost tone-deaf insensitive.

I fault no one for saying this is not for them. But, some people love crime games, some love lying games, and often they are the ones who do not ever commit such acts. It is an outlet.

This is a very well done outlet, for a price that probably reflects the feels, and sales, of the less than pleased passer by.

Ironically, the expansions cost more than this base game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm so consumed by modern culture that after playing I didn't even consider there were drugs, money and guns in this game.

Reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEO7OtmE1x8

But honestly, this is a bargain at $12
If you have a group that can get into the theme it's a load of fun. And the game dynamics are quite good. It's a very "light" game so good for the new-comer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:
An area control game with so much theme it actually made Sam Healey have to not like the game. Watch the review Sam's Review

Amazon Link

Sons of Anarchy: Men of Mayhem on BGG

I expect these kind of purges will happen as we get closer to the holidays. For me though... $12 area control with "too much theme", sure!

Someone already posted this before you. This thread needs to be deleted. The 1st is here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1655460/amazon-sons-ana...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as how the request was phrased so pleasantly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:

It's not as if you can delete the thread anyway, but it is always worth checking to see whether someone else has beat you to it before posting a hot deal. The other thread was up 14 hours earlier, and its title includes Amazon, the title and the price same as yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:

I give you a thumb for good intentions. Keep looking for those hot deals!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin von Grimmenstein
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Is this worth is for $12 when it would mostly be played with a 2 player variant? I also currently don't own any worker placement games either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Better 2p WP's:

Targi
Neolithic
Mint Works - Very beginner friendly, plays up to 4
Nantucket - Light, single Worker, and coin flipping
#VECTOR

Those are just the ones I own, and play with the wife. Most are on the lighter side of things, but are great at 2 players. No conflict like in SoA, but that has more to do with the extra players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
I FINALLY got to play this after having it for months. This game is a ton of fun and absolutely hilarious, especially if you think of the money tokens as $1 denominations. Everyone at the table had a blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, they can barely give this away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.