Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tami Vogel
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you discard "The Letter" do you still count it as a card for the Haunt Roll? The original rules say, "If you roll less than the total number of omen cards all players have drawn this game, the haunt starts."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If discarded, I wouldn't count it toward the omen haunt, but I'm one to also take issue with used dynamite and health kits showing up in the laundry room.. I'm thinking of house ruling the laundry room because it's way too OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brown
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct; it does count. Any discarded omens should be readily visible in the omen deck discard pile.

Thematically, the idea is that you only get a certain number of "music swells, camera swivels and zooms, and something creepy happens" moments before the movie transitions from Act 1 to Act 2. The fact that nobody is still holding on to the Letter doesn't mean that the creepiness goes away.

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great explanation. Makes sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Schepers
msg tools
I have another question about the letter:

-When you draw the letter, do you have to give another player your character token right away, so that you can teleport to only that character at a later time?
-Or can you just hand over your token at any time and then teleport immediately?
-Or do you have to spend one turn handing over a token whenever you choose, and another turn teleporting?

I'm curious, because if you can just teleport right away using the token doesn't make much sense so I'm assuming you can't do that but my pals disagree and think you should just be able to teleport whenever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.