Hide
4 Posts

Age of Thieves» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
msg tools
Playtested this game at Essen and picked up my copy immediately! Love the tense PvP stealth mechanics.

A couple of rules caused confusion though - so here are my questions from our firat 'proper' playthrough:

1) When placing a yellow gem at the start of the turn, does the distance-from-thieves requirement include sewers? We had a case where one player was stood on a sewer entrance and wanted to place the gem on a sewer exit. I considered this to be one square away (i.e. sewer squares count as adjacent), but the other player disagreed. Who is correct?

2) When moving through sewers your movement ends - so you are left stood on the sewer exit when the action card is fully resolved. Can you make further movement (caused by an Action card e.g. Potion of Speed) during the same turn? This was explained during our playthrough as "your turn ends" but the rulebook implies that you can continue to use actions after you come out of the sewers. We've been playing to allow extra actions after using the sewers, but it does make it quite easy to escape the Palace...

Thanks for a great game!

Stone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2) I think it means your action ends, not your turn. So if you still have actions left, you can continue. On page 9:
Quote:
He may move further during this turn,
but only if he declared some other action
card enabling him to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer to #1 is interesting, though. Then again, when counting all the variations of skills and sewers, figuring out the max distance could be cumbersome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wydawnictwo Galakta
Poland
Kraków
Małopolskie
flag msg tools
publisher
Hello thestony1!

Here are the answers to your questions:

thestony1 wrote:
Playtested this game at Essen and picked up my copy immediately! Love the tense PvP stealth mechanics.

A couple of rules caused confusion though - so here are my questions from our firat 'proper' playthrough:

1) When placing a yellow gem at the start of the turn, does the distance-from-thieves requirement include sewers? We had a case where one player was stood on a sewer entrance and wanted to place the gem on a sewer exit. I considered this to be one square away (i.e. sewer squares count as adjacent), but the other player disagreed. Who is correct?

The other player. Entrances to and exits from the sewers are not adjacent/connected spaces.

thestony1 wrote:

2) When moving through sewers your movement ends - so you are left stood on the sewer exit when the action card is fully resolved. Can you make further movement (caused by an Action card e.g. Potion of Speed) during the same turn? This was explained during our playthrough as "your turn ends" but the rulebook implies that you can continue to use actions after you come out of the sewers. We've been playing to allow extra actions after using the sewers, but it does make it quite easy to escape the Palace...

Thanks for a great game!

Stone

Sewers end your movement but not your activation. You can still move with other cards like Potion of Speed. Yes, if you are properly prepared and equipped with many movement cards while stealing the jewel, you can escape from the palace quite easily. Unless other player have cards like Automatic Snare of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.