Subject: Cannot place clans: can I still play action cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi!

First up, I'd like to say that I really enjoyed my first game of Inis yesterday!

There was however a question that came up several times. We wondered whether you can play an action card if you cannot perform one of the results. For example, with exploration: can you place a new tile if you don't have any clans in your reserve (the card states that you have to place one clan on the new tile)?

It is especially important for these mixed effect cards (because one of the effects is still important and advantageous), but it is also important because you could stall by playing cards, e.g. "new clans", even when they do not do anything for you.

Since I couldn't find anything in the rulebook about it, I assumed we were correct in that you can just play season cards when it is the season phase, irrespective of availability of clans/sanctuaries etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you just do what the card tells you, as much as you can.

If a card is played with no effet it still has been played.

Cheers!

EDIT: On a general note, in Inis, when in doubt do what is the most simple, it will certainly be the correct way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the quick reply! Enjoying the game .

Keep up the good work!

Ciao!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.