Subject: Replace the the yes and no with ranking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Carlsson
Sweden
Vikingstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am sorry to say that I didn't really get this. Don't get me wrong, I think the main mechanic is brilliant.... but to me it fails at the same time Why?

Because when you state a yes and no question there is a huge possibility that every character that you have left would say the same thing and then it's just a random pick of the cards. Ok, you can state the previous questions can weigh in but personally I think that it doesn't really work. A lot of the questions are simply hard to just answer yes and no to.

I like a variant where I get a question like:
How many of the other characters pay more tax then you? That way I need to try and rank the characters and give some sort of information.
You can try it out by just rephrasing the the question. And it can be a possibility for the crowd to actually decide the question.

How many pay more tax?
How many pay less tax?

I realize that it would detract from the theme that it's an interrogation where you ask one person questions but to me it improves the "game".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What everyone always does when we play is this:

For a given question "does this character own a gun"

We think: given these characters left, is mine in the half more likely to own a gun or less likely to own a gun. And answer according to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Carlsson
Sweden
Vikingstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like you already play with this variant then, only you make it a little harder by not giving a ranking number.

I do realize that the ranking can end up in the same bin as the original, it's just that I think it is better to actually rephrase the question so that you can give an answer that you believe in instead of having to answer the opposite of what you would do with no relative pictures.

The yes and no kind of questions to me indicate that the "accurate" way to play this would be that the interrogated person would only know about his/her own appearance.

One note is that it might be better if you actually take a multiple number of questions and the crowd decide which of the ones that are relevant.

Say that crowd draws three questions, then needs to select at least one, but can select more, asks all of them and then decides which characters to remove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.