Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed playing/teaching Bios: Genesis at the Essen fair this year ...though unfortunately did a few things wrong. In order to amend will post here hopefully clearing up my misunderstandings..

1. catalysts do not add dice to a organizing roll , they are also placed on refugia circles from left to right instead of right to left , blocking the effect underneath... also once doubles are rolled and an organism is created another biont is available to use in the next round. Any catalysts or unorganized matter are flushed upon a successful roll of doubles if the placard is taken as a microorganism,also if you have extra catalysts they can be assigned as vitamins to a microorganism to help shield you from oxygen spike attacks as well.

2. the Armageddon event card is placed upon the continental refugia blocking it from play... it stays there till the next aftershock it also makes overheating happen on only three red suns.

3. parasites add quite an obstacle in the cooperative version ... as time constraints were tight I did not add them into the play ... those rules are explained in the rulebook.

4. contested refugia fail rolls will bring the small boon of a catalyst to one or more other players located on the placard not to the progenote ..the progenote player chooses who gets the catalyst/s... reason enough to remove them upon a fail.

hope this helps ...also remember to roil,(take top card and put it on bottom of its deck), the mutations on active landforms during the events. questions welcomed, please excuse my mistakes and go roll some dice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you share some experiences of how it was playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckdunn wrote:
Enjoyed playing/teaching Bios: Genesis at the Essen fair this year ...though unfortunately did a few things wrong. In order to amend will post here hopefully clearing up my misunderstandings..

1. catalysts do not add dice to a organizing roll or determination of progenote, they are also placed on refugia circles from left to right instead of right to left , blocking the effect underneath... also once doubles are rolled and an organism is created another biont is available to use in the next round. Any catalysts or unorganized matter is flushed upon a successful roll of doubles. if you have extra catalysts they can be assigned as vitamins to help shield you from oxygen spike attacks as well.

And when making bakterium another players bionts ( Foreign Genes) don't count for limit of bionts on Refugium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a roll of doubles, I believe you have the option to create life. I do not think it is mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckdunn wrote:
1. catalysts do not add dice to a organizing roll or determination of progenote, [...]

I don't think the bolded bit is accurate. F4 says the contestant with the most Enzymes of his color plus organized Manna of his color is called the progenote. The glossary entry for Enzymes defines them as a Catalyst disk assigned to one of the "Enzyme slots" of Refugia.

So Catalysts do matter when determining who the Progenote is.

Upon further reflection, you were probably referring to Catalysts in your pool and not those placed on the Refugia card (which then become Enzymes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
chuckdunn wrote:
1. catalysts do not add dice to a organizing roll or determination of progenote, [...]

I don't think the bolded bit is accurate. F4 says the contestant with the most Enzymes of his color plus organized Manna of his color is called the progenote. The glossary entry for Enzymes defines them as a Catalyst disk assigned to one of the "Enzyme slots" of Refugia.

So Catalysts do matter when determining who the Progenote is.

Upon further reflection, you were probably referring to Catalysts in your pool and not those placed on the Refugia card (which then become Enzymes).

In living rules there is a picture describing the game jargon(including difference between enzyme and catalyst).
In printed manual there is a table.
Table is more definitive but picture is easier to understand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erg edited thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
up to the progenote to take card ...may be best to take another roll with more dice next round ... hoping to organize more matter..early events are rough on organisms so survival would be tough... if your biont becomes part of some others microorganism you do get access to another biont as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.