Subject: The Family Christensen Game Night(s) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game after reading a lot about the game. At first I wasn't sure if this was a game for me with only two riders in each team since I'm used to Leader 1: Hell of the North and World Cycling Game where there are more riders in each team. But the price for the game seemed very reasonable , so I jumped in.
The rules were quickly read and explained to my opponents (my two daugthers Tine (Green) and Mie (Red) and my son-in-law Henrik (Black)) and we started with a test stage on the flat Avenue Corso Paseo to make sure everybody understood the basic rules.

A picture from mid-race where Mie is about to move one of her Red riders.

Even though Henrik's Black team was behind most of the test stage, he outsprinted us all and took 1st and 2nd places!

Now time to get serious about the race!!!
We didn't wanted to spent to much time to make a new stage, so we went for the flat Avenue Corso Paseo again.

Ready, set, GO!
Same colors as before: Tine (Green), Mie (Red), Henrik (Black) and me (Blue)

Round 1: Team Green and Blue starts in a high tempo and only one of the Black riders can follow. Red is caught out by the side winds!

Round 2: One of the Red riders manage to catch up with the breakaway.

Round 3: The pack is all together again and the Black rouleur is leading the way.

Round 4: Going around the first bend the Blue Rouleur is taking charge of the speed.

Round 5: This time the Blue Sprinter is setting the pace and the pack is strecthed out.

Round 6: The pace is still high and Red is falling to the back of the pack.

Round 7: Red is moving forward and leaving the last places to Black.

Round 8: Blue Sprinter is breaking away from the pack. What a pace!!!

Round 9: Red is the first team to respond on the Blue Sprinter's breakaway. The Black Sprinter has gone cold!

Round 10: Red catches the Blue Sprinter and Black Sprinter comes back up to the pack. Everybody is in for the finish!

Round 11: Wouw, look at Black Sprinter! He has found his second breath (or he must be doped?)! He has taken the front and is going for the win!!!

Round 12: Everybody is going for the kill. Who will take the win?

Round 13: The Black Rouleur sets in a massive sprint and wins by three lengths. Red Rouleur is 2nd and Green Rouleur is 3rd.
What ever happend to my team - the Blue???

An exciting stage with every rider being there for the finish!

Are you ready for our 2nd stage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The riders are lined up for the 2nd stage.
Same stage as before - Avenue Corso Paseo.

Ready, set, GO!!!

Round 1: An early breakaway by three riders. Where is Black?

Round 2: Blue Rouleur closes the gap and the pack is together again.

Round 3: Green takes the front with both riders. Black is playing it cool at the back!

Round 4: Green rouleur is seting the pace alone now.

Round 5: Green Rouleur is breaking away. Could be too early!!!
Black Sprinter is falling behind!!!

Round 6: Red is catching Green Rouleur and passes him.

Round 7: The Rouleurs of all teams are taking the front of the pack. The tempo is high now!!!

Round 8: Black does it again with a surprisingly high speed in the last bends and goes to the front of the pack!!!!

Round 9: Black is still in front when the pack is in the final sprint!

Round 10: Photofinish!!! Black Rouleur wins by an inch in front of Green Sprinter.

Once more Black takes the win despite being at the back of the pack most of the time.

Are you ready for our 3rd stage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to challenge the mountains.
The players are now confident with the basic rules and ready to move on into the mountains and the satge called Ballons Centrale.

Get ready, set, GO!!!!

Round 1: Green Sprinter tries a new tactic with an early breakaway alone.

Round 2: Green Sprinter hits the first mountain.

Round 3: Red and Blue teams cacthes up with Green Rouleur on the descent. Black is in trouble!!!

Round 4: The five riders in front is pulling away. Black is really struggling!! (This is funny!!)

Round 5: Red team is pulling away leaving the three riders in the middle and Black is trying to cacth them.

Round 6: Blue Sprinter passes the Reds and leads the way onward the second mountain. How can Black come back here?

Black's manager Henrik is not amuzed!!!

Round 7: The two Sprinters in front is racing as if the finish line was on top of the second mountain.

Round 8: Black is suprisingly closing the gap and is almost cacthing up with the pack.

Round 9: But the mountain is too steep for the Black riders and the gap is opening up again.

Round 10: Red and Blue Sprinters are breaking away once more. They must surely hit their limit soon!

Round 11: Red and Blue Sprintes fly over the last mountain and it looks like the winner will be one of these riders.

Round 12: Blue Sprinter takes the win in front of Red Sprinter. Red's manager Mie is not happy by the situation!

Black Rouleur managed to get 5th place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are seeming to have fun. We seem to have similar views on race games especially Race! Formula 90 so I'm really interested to hear what you think about this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Punk Reaper wrote:
You are seeming to have fun. We seem to have similar views on race games especially Race! Formula 90 so I'm really interested to hear what you think about this game.

It's an easy game to learn, but I guess it will be hard to master!
Rules are very simpel, components look and feel good, the figures may need to be fixed so the riders sit correctly on the sadels, but that's my OCD kicking in.
My daugthers and son-in-law loved the game due to the amount of rules , so it will soon find way to the table again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fourth stage was raced on the Ballons Centrale once more.
(Warning: I might have forgotten to take a photo after each round due to the excitement, the rum & coke kicking in and the late hours!)

Ready, steady, GO!!!!

Round 1: This time Black is taking the front - trying to change the outcome - and flies over the first mountain.

Round 2: Black is still in front and two riders have been dropped already at the first mountain!

Round 3: Everybody is catching up and the the pack is together again.

Round 4: Black Sprinter is trying to break away on the 2nd mountain, but Blue closes the gap.

Round 5: Again two riders are dropping back.

Round 6: Red Sprinter is taking the lead.

Round 7: Looks like six riders will battle for victory, depending on how they get over the last mountain!

Round 8: Red Rouleur is trying to catch up, but it looks too tough to manage.

Round 9: The last mountain broke the pack and we are now down to three riders going for the win.

Round 10: Blue Rouleur gets victory in front of Green Rouleur. Those exhausting cards were costly at the end!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, it's seems light enough for an easy game at my local club. Game ordered. Enjoying your pictorial race run-throughs. You are lucky to have a gaming family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.