The Hotness has gone cold...
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 119.93

7,233 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Passing By
msg tools
The text seems straightforward enough: power, priority and range cannot be increased beyond printed values. This means that Soak overload and Stun Guard overload arean't cancelled, but Power and Priority are.

Is this simple and seemingly sensible interpretation correct? It makes sense in line with the old FAQ points about Kehrolyn, Rukyuk and Mikhail.

I'm fairly new to Battlecon, and I apologise if this fairly elementary question has already been well covered elsewhere: a quick poke about didn't show me the answer, hence this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, this is correct. Nice when they start buying while this is on deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonus points if you can bait them into spending force for power with a soak ante.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Passing By
msg tools
Excellent!

Thanks for the help. It's nice to see that some rules questions really do resolve in a straightforward manner, with what you read on the card being implemented 100% literally, without any obvious detrimental consequences.

I'm definitely going to pick up Devastation as soon as I can. The War and Fate sets have firmly established Battlecon as my number one quick-playing 2 player board or card game.

Why isn't this game huge? It deserves it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Altropos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a lifestyle game, which is to say that the more you play it the more you can enjoy it. A lot of people don't care to dive in deep enough, or, if they do, they can't find a ready opponent willing to go along. because it's generally a low luck game it can be punishing for new players as well. I once showed the game to a friend and mistakenly went full-bore. He lost bad and didn't get a chance to see how the game can move back and forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.