Subject: Impressions from a game at Essen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clive Bixby
Germany
Ulm / Neu-Ulm
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is a short session report from a game I played in Essen.

We had just arrived at the fair and coincidentally stood at a table where two people wanted to start a game and asked us to join. We didn't have the smallest inkling what the game was about but it looked nice, so we sat down and a nice girl with a unicorn bow explained the rules to us.

The rules are straight-forward and quite easy. You throw the rainbow-ring and a player chosen by you has to catch it. Sometimes a third person tries to make it harder for the both them. Obviously, you have to throw the ring doing silly stuff like lying flat on a chair or throwing it over the back of your shoulder and so on...

Other players (if any) will bet on the outcome of the throw. If they guess right, they get a reward, if they guess wrong they get a small penalty.

The game is fun, very silly fun as you probably can imagine. The kid in the group I played with seemed to really, really enjoy the game. I imagine many kids will agree.

The production quality is quite high, almost too high in my opinion. You get really nice minis that you do not really use. You just place them on different parts of the cloud in the middle, that functions as some kind of a victory point tracker, although it is just used to break ties.

This leads to the hefty price tag (45 Euros at the fair), which in my opinion is just a bit too high for the game. I would play it again though, maybe at a party or with children.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.