A Feast for Odin» Forums » General

Subject: game pricing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
So I think this game is worth tracking the price a bit before buying. I bought it yesterday on Amazon for $84 new/free shipping, and now today it is listed for $125. Seems like from other posts, this game is all over the map for pricing, so watch out! My guess is $95 and under (including shipping)is a pretty good price, given all that's in the box.

There was an Ebay listing for $71 about a week ago, but that seems too low and suspicious. But then I'm a bit suspicious of Ebay.

Anyway, please post tips for pricing and buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was sold for 60€ (65$) in Essen
You can preorder the English version for 95€ (104$) on French e-sellers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Online retailers are listing it in the mid to upper $60s range, so $71 is probably not unreasonable. The price volatility may be a result of initial distribution selling out quickly and presumed scarcity, with seemingly a second wave having arrived already (and also almost sold out). The online retailers that listed preorders all showed their preorders sold out prior to release. A few days post release, more copies were listed on each of those retailer's sites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
CSI is currently selling it for $65.99, which is what I paid when I pre-ordered it months ago.

Tip: pre-order any games that you really want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
haplo92 wrote:

I read that some booths at Essen had it for €100, others for €60. The UK RRP is £94, which is disappointingly closer to the €100 price. That's quite a price difference to ask for. I've never seen such a big discount available at Essen before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
haplo92 wrote:
You can preorder the English version for 95€ (104$) on French e-sellers

Is the Euro really that weak? I always thought 1 Euro was about $1.35... Geeze, poor Europe...

I am surprised anyone would find this for so cheap though. Caverna, which I think is a smaller game and has less pieces, is still selling for $75. I guess I assumed incorrectly that an Uwe big game is always that high, in the $80 range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
haplo92 wrote:

I read that some booths at Essen had it for €100, others for €60. The UK RRP is £94, which is disappointingly closer to the €100 price. That's quite a price difference to ask for. I've never seen such a big discount available at Essen before.

On thursday Asmodee(?) asked 100€ for the english version. I was able to see a not totally erased "1" on the price tag. On friday they sold it for 60€, just as Feuerland before.

There's a lot in the box, and up to 80€ (without shipping) is reasonable. If you see a price of more than 90€, you might want to check out other retailers.

(Sorry for not calculating foreign currencies. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy en Stoj
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Dutch version (White Goblin Games) for € 51,40 at "Adriaensen Speciaalzaak Gezelschapsspellen" (Spiel). I can't find it on their website though. (the Dutch version is merely called "Odin")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chamberlain
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
I paid £75.00 for it but knew this one would be expensive. The pound being all over the place at present will have somewhat of an effect on prices eventually. I wonder though, how many manufacturers or indeed FLGS will abuse this?
Anyway, I'm pleased with the game and there is a hell of a lot of good quality components within the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabrice gadoux
France
Vitrolles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you explain that the German and the Dutch versions cost between 50 and 60 euros and the french version costs 90 euros?
Do they come with real weapons or rubies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy en Stoj
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asking the real question there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.