Subject: Hotel question for those who might be knowledgeable. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just booked to the Grand Hyatt which seems relatively nearby. I was wondering if anyone knew about travel between that hotel and Regency? I think I saw there was a shuttle. I'm also wondering if it's walkable at all.

Also I'm curious about cars and parking? If I need to get a car, I probably can. But want to avoid it if possible.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look here
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hyatt+Regency/@32.8974543,...:0xd27c9831fd5cd42e!8m2!3d32.8974543!4d-97.0386758

you can see that the two hotels are 'close' but I don't think walking between them is very easy if at all possible. There are no sidewalks along the airport roads and you're looking at crossing 8-10 lanes of traffic and hopping over barriers.

I think the shuttle is your best bet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Weber
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uber works at DFW. It's simple and cheap if you want to go anywhere. The shuttle will take you between terminals for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walking between gates outside of the security barrier is pretty much impossible at DFW--I've tried. However, DFW runs a free shuttle bus that goes between gates, you can just use that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Walking between the Grand and the Regency is technically possible, but it is not a realistic idea. (And it may well be illegal.)

Especially if you are planning on carrying anything.

There are no paved walkways, only roads, some with a grass verge, but some without.

There are shuttles between terminals, which involves walking from the hotel to the terminal, getting the shuttle (which may or may not be direct), arriving at the other terminal, and walking to the other hotel. Then there's the return trip. Repeat as necessary.

No taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc. is going to be happy about a sub-half-mile fare between the two hotels, unless you are tipping very, very well up front.

There might be a shuttle directly between the two hotels; you can inquire, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
There are shuttles between terminals, which involves walking from the hotel to the terminal, getting the shuttle (which may or may not be direct), arriving at the other terminal, and walking to the other hotel.

The Grand Hyatt is physically inside Terminal D. You walk out of the lobby and you're in the departures area. There's no walk between them.

From the Hyatt Regency to Terminal C is more of a walk (through a parking garage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, was afraid that would be the case.

do folks know about the parking situation of the Hyatt? Is renting a car feasible?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
There might be a shuttle directly between the two hotels; you can inquire, but I wouldn't bet on it.

There's definitely got to be a Hyatt Regency shuttle bus that takes hotel guests back and forth between the Hyatt Regency and all of the terminals. This would include dropping them right at the Grand Hyatt, since it's in Terminal D. Whether convention attendees can freely use this shuttle, and how often it runs, I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Call the hotel and ask them the best way to get to the other hotel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Dahlquist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think renting a car just to get from Hyatt Grand to Hyatt DFW Regency is worth the cost. The only benefit is being able to leave/arrive when you want. Taking the shuttle from Terminal D (where the Hyatt Grand is located) to Terminal C and walking across the parking garage to Hyatt DFW Regency is much more cost-effective and will likely not add much more time to getting from one hotel to another. You also want have to deal with the hassle of find a parking spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a shuttle between the hotels. It runs 24/7, on demand, and if there's a delay, the Grand will work out other arrangements. Easy peasy, and much less grief than a car for the distance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.