Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Night of the Wolf (Fan Made Campaign) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Orms
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
I know it's probably too early to be making fan made scenarios as the game isn't out yet, but I could not help myself. I have only played the demo scenario that is being shown off at conventions, and have not played or seen any of the Curse of the Rougarou yet.

All that being said I have written up a scenario which I will be trying out as soon as possible. For the moment I was wondering if there was some card overlays out there for making home made cards for these types of projects or will I have to make my own?

The Scenario itself revolves around (as you may have guessed from the title) a pack of Werewolves. I'm not sure if the Curse of the Rougarou is about Werewolves, Wendigoes, or some other type of beast, but any crossover is coincidental. I have also written the scenario with campaign play in mind so there might be a follow up scenario at a later date.

If i have peaked your interest hang around and I will post the scenario as soon as I know it is actually possible to complete.

Edit: I have done some testing and as expected the scenario was way too hard. XD I reduced the difficulty a few more times while trying it out between iterations and i think it is now possible to complete. I haven't managed it myself but have gotten REALLY close. If you give it a go, tell me how it went and i might make some additional changes in the future.

You can get the document which contains all the card descriptions here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IJ4c6UEYZiUWVZRHJfekRDR0k...

Edit 2: The third scenario is done and I played through it once and managed to complete it. I might have been lucky but at least it is feasible to finish.

Get the card descriptions here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IJ4c6UEYZiOHdKX0hncS1tdlE...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Night of the Wolf (Fan Made Scenario)
Just as an FYI, Rougarou is a French-American word for Werewolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the French word was loup-garou ...

[googles] : "Rougarou represents a variant pronunciation and spelling of the original French loup-garou."

Huh, learn something new every day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:

[googles] : "Rougarou represents a variant pronunciation and spelling of the original French loup-garou."

Yeah, that's why I specified French-American. I think Rougarou is more common in places like Quebec or Louisiana/New Orleans (where I think Curse of the Rougarou takes place).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Orms
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
DancingFool wrote:
Just as an FYI, Rougarou is a French-American word for Werewolf.

XD Well now i have something to compare my scenario to when i get a chance to play it. I am so looking forward to this game coming out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Lefebvre
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
cafin8d wrote:

Yeah, that's why I specified French-American. I think Rougarou is more common in places like Quebec or Louisiana/New Orleans (where I think Curse of the Rougarou takes place).

I had never heard the term, even though I'm from Quebec. It might be an Americanized version, because in QC loup-garou is the mainstream one. But then again, rougarou could be used in some forgotten village's folklore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If not card overlays, you might want to ask FFG for the font to make all the different symbols and icons. I have been working on an excel database for easy reference e to the cards, but the lack of icons has made it clunky and really slowed my progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:

No no, we use Loup-Garou in Quebec

I was wondering what that spelling was, when I saw the announcement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Orms
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
Hastur666 wrote:
If not card overlays, you might want to ask FFG for the font to make all the different symbols and icons. I have been working on an excel database for easy reference e to the cards, but the lack of icons has made it clunky and really slowed my progress.

I might just do that after release has happened.

In the mean time I have just put all the information for the cards in a word document which can be found in the first post of the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jérémy royaux
msg tools
mbmbmb
it's an americain word imo
i'm from Belgium, never heard rougarou in my life

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Orms
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
I have been working on the rest of the campaign and have just finished the third scenario and am still working on the second.

The card "Barricade" has been kind of a problem for me as it's kinda hard making a campaign based around the idea of "They're hunting you down" when the players have a card that stops all enemy movement. :/ Anyway I have found a work around for the first and third scenario but the second is proving a bit tricky.

Again like before I will give the third scenario a few tests before posting it and will leave it in the topic when it is done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
[q="RodRoy1"The card "Barricade" has been kind of a problem for me as it's kinda hard making a campaign based around the idea of "They're hunting you down" when the players have a card that stops all enemy movement. :/ Anyway I have found a work around for the first and third scenario but the second is proving a bit tricky.[/q]

You could give some enemies Doom tokens or recurring Forced effects to make investigators to deal with them. You could also give the scenario some treacheries or token effects that get worse when there are more enemies in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Orms
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
rsdockery wrote:
You could give some enemies Doom tokens or recurring Forced effects to make investigators to deal with them. You could also give the scenario some treacheries or token effects that get worse when there are more enemies in play.

Definitely some good ideas. I would hesitate to put more on the enemies because they already have the "Forced: When this enemy would be defeated, Heal it to 1 health and automatically evade it instead" effect which makes them hard to deal with. I do have some treacheries in there that depend on the number of enemies on the board. The second scenario might not be as bad as the first and third given that its not a "hold out" scenario and the investigators have to move about a bunch.

Anyway you have given me some more to think about. Hopefully I will be done soon so I can move on to making some nice looking cards for a P&P. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.