41.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
55 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Project: ELITE» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone from either company going to address people missing their pledges? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From the KS comments I'm not the only one that hasn't received their pledge and neither company has done anything to address this issue. I'm coming here since it seems like rule questions are being answered so maybe someone will actually do something. I ordered base game + expansion + sleeves and I would like to get my stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They may address our concerns but they'll have a hard time delivering them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After their last update on the kickstarter site, I am not expecting them to ship until late October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
After their last update on the kickstarter site, I am not expecting them to ship until late October.

The last actual update they gave was them apologizing for not meeting the Sept 22 deadline they had promised. They then hoped to have all the games sent by the end of the week (posted 9-30). Since then they have made comments that they are communicating daily with the DC, but cannot provide any real info about what is happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to be shipping one or two a day at the rate people are reporting receiving them. I agree it would be nice to get some solid info. I regret not having someone pick it up for me at GenCon at this rate. They have been delivering this game for over a year now if you count the first Essen pick up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
It saddens me that what is obviously a great game has been plagued with so many delays and problems. I still have yet to receive mine and have given up hope for getting it this year entirely. Of course, I'm also in the school of thought that KS backers should receive them prior to retail buyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been disappointing to keep checking the campus post office to see if I've received a package with this inside. Thus far, disappointment. I am thinking I'll see my Essen games before this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I hadn't gotten my hopes up, game nights keep passing by and I keep hoping I'll have this game for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've basically given up on the game. Artipia is still saying there is nothing they can do on the KS page and Drawlab's announced that they're just getting back from Essen and will look into things. They were supposed to look into things and update backers before Essen and didn't do anything. They then followed up with not mentioning they would be at Essen and just leaving backers hanging waiting for info. I still haven't gotten any response to the email I sent to the customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bookblogger wrote:
I've basically given up on the game. Artipia is still saying there is nothing they can do on the KS page and Drawlab's announced that they're just getting back from Essen and will look into things. They were supposed to look into things and update backers before Essen and didn't do anything. They then followed up with not mentioning they would be at Essen and just leaving backers hanging waiting for info. I still haven't gotten any response to the email I sent to the customer service.

I wouldn't give up completely. Artipia has responded on the KS'er project and has said that no one that pledged for one needs to worry about not getting a game at all, they will not let that happen.

While I agree their communication hasn't been great I do believe they will stand by the project and make sure everyone gets one that pledged. It's just a matter of when that will happen.

I've dealt with Artipia on a couple of KS'ers and purchases direct from them and while I'm extremely frustrated with this whole ordeal I do still trust them to come through. I don't yet think that is misguided faith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
bookblogger wrote:

I wouldn't give up completely. Artipia has responded on the KS'er project and has said that no one that pledged for one needs to worry about not getting a game at all, they will not let that happen.

While I agree their communication hasn't been great I do believe they will stand by the project and make sure everyone gets one that pledged. It's just a matter of when that will happen.

I've dealt with Artipia on a couple of KS'ers and purchases direct from them and while I'm extremely frustrated with this whole ordeal I do still trust them to come through. I don't yet think that is misguided faith.

I'm glad that they have a reputation that leads people to trust them. This is my first and last interaction with them. They have damaged their reputation in my eyes beyond repair and I just want to get what I paid for. The comments from Artipia on the KS page seemed like more of the same to me. It came across to me as them saying they had done their part and they're done with the process. Everyone will get their stuff when drawlab gets their stuff together, which seems extremely unlikely at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep in mind that all games right now are in the fullfilment house's warehouse. It's not like Drawlab has forgotten to assemble some packages or anything like that (I know this for a fact - I was there when the last boxes were assembled and labeled). Why the fulfilment service has not sent everything yet, I do not know but From what I see here and in the comments, people are getting their packages on a daily basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I feel your pain. I am a pre-order customer, having missed the campaign byba week I think. Artipia notified me a few months ago that my order will be fulfilled with backer rewards fulfillment. But since I'm not an actual backer, all I get to do is follow the drama as it unfolds on the Kickstarter comments page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
Just keep in mind that all games right now are in the fullfilment house's warehouse. It's not like Drawlab has forgotten to assemble some packages or anything like that (I know this for a fact - I was there when the last boxes were assembled and labeled). Why the fulfilment service has not sent everything yet, I do not know but From what I see here and in the comments, people are getting their packages on a daily basis.

Maybe if they had followed through on any promised communication in the entire campaign people wouldn't be as worried but they haven't and still aren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:

I hate to join all of the snarky bitter backers, but if everything was boxed and labeled weeks ago... why is this fullfilment house taking over 2 weeks to deliver around one thousand packages?

Are they really only capable of mailing out 50 packages a day? We're almost a month past the projected date that they'd be done shipping.

I know you don't have these answers and are just responding to people who seem to think that they were vamboozled, but it is frustrating. We're very close to the one year Anniversary of the original delivery date. More communication is always better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy

Highland
California
msg tools
mb
TyDeL wrote:
avyssaleos wrote:

I hate to join all of the snarky bitter backers, but if everything was boxed and labeled weeks ago... why is this fullfilment house taking over 2 weeks to deliver around one thousand packages?

Are they really only capable of mailing out 50 packages a day? We're almost a month past the projected date that they'd be done shipping.

I know you don't have these answers and are just responding to people who seem to think that they were vamboozled, but it is frustrating. We're very close to the one year Anniversary of the original delivery date. More communication is always better.

Two weeks? It's actually been four weeks. Also, Vangelis, great job packing the games. Many (including mine) have several missing components (which still haven't been addressed by Drawlab)).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
Also, Vangelis, great job packing the games. Many (including mine) have several missing components (which still haven't been addressed by Drawlab)).

You are right and I have to apologize. My x-ray vision wasn't working properly that day and I couldn't see if any of the shrink-wrapped games we were putting inside the packages had anything missing.

I'll make sure it's on the next time I help with packaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Beyer
United States
Harbor City
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
deekerston wrote:
Also, Vangelis, great job packing the games. Many (including mine) have several missing components (which still haven't been addressed by Drawlab)).

You are right and I have to apologize. My x-ray vision wasn't working properly that day and I couldn't see if any of the shrink-wrapped games we were putting inside the packages had anything missing.

Nicely done, dickish sarcasm is sure to improve everyone's opinion of Drawlab and this crappy KS campaign. People are legitimately upset as we are getting zero communication from the ones responsible for delivering our games. But you know, your reply will certainly help with that. *marks Dice City off To Buy list*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Beyer
United States
Harbor City
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Laporbo wrote:
They may address our concerns but they'll have a hard time delivering them.

Well done, sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
avyssaleos wrote:

As an anecdote, when the Cthulhu Wars KS was being fulfilled the fulfillment service Petersen Games was pretty much this bad. All the games were sitting in a warehouse but they only managed to trickle out at a similar rate, despite the fulfillment company continuously promising a "final" deadline. Petersen Games' requests for updates were frequently just ignored by the fulfillment house. This went on for a while until PG got pissed enough to fire them and have a different company take over, at which point deliveries went out promptly.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the case here, but it is entirely possible the fulfillment company is just that bad. Of course, what really helped in that situation was the frequent updates that Petersen Games gave us on the situation that was unfolding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think that what I wrote is so bad that you don't want anything to do with me in the future, you can click on my designer badge and see all the games I have designed - you don't have to boycott just Dice City.

That being said, let me explain myself: My "sarcasm" was intended to the poster I quoted, who thought it was wise to take something I wrote in an attempt to help (in the limited way I can) and accuse me for the problems he has. I don't think it was polite of him in any way to address/accuse me as he did so I replied accordingly.

I understand that it probably wasn't the best reply in the world, however I don't think it was that bad either. If someone reading this thread finds it offensive, I apologize - that wasn't my intent. Also, I realize that people are frustrated and I sympathize. And if there is anything I could personally do to help with the situation, I would. I don't think though that "shooting the messenger" is the way to go.

By the way, for those who don't know I am not affiliated with Drawlab in any way. I am affiliated with Artipia which I was helping help Drawlab during the packaging process, hence my knowledge. Regarding the delay issue I don't know anything other than what Drawlab has posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rowe33 wrote:
avyssaleos wrote:
deekerston wrote:

Nicely done, dickish sarcasm is sure to improve everyone's opinion of Drawlab and this crappy KS campaign. People are legitimately upset as we are getting zero communication from the ones responsible for delivering our games. But you know, your reply will certainly help with that. *marks Dice City off To Buy list*

I have to side with Vangelis on this one. Not sure why the OP was blaming him as he had nothing to do with the project and if anything was just helping us get our stuff faster which we should be thankful for not attacking him. Besides what he said was kind of funny anyway.

That said I can see why people's backs are up over this project. I'm getting really frustrated wondering each day if it will finally show up. I've been wanting to play it for as long as everyone else. Additionally I bought it partly for the mini's to paint so I'm pretty upset at the quality I've seen for them as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy

Highland
California
msg tools
mb
avyssaleos wrote:
deekerston wrote:

Granted, I should have worded my post a little bit "nicer", however the message would be the same. However, Vangelis, you're snarky retort makes my point exactly. You are representing both Artipia and Drawlab and you respond like this. And this is precisely how we've been treated by both companies. I for one will not be doing business with either of those companies and now will not be doing business with you. I know you don't care, but there are several folks who have said the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy

Highland
California
msg tools
mb
avyssaleos wrote:
If you think that what I wrote is so bad that you don't want anything to do with me in the future, you can click on my designer badge and see all the games I have designed - you don't have to boycott just Dice City.

That being said, let me explain myself: My "sarcasm" was intended to the poster I quoted, who thought it was wise to take something I wrote in an attempt to help (in the limited way I can) and accuse me for the problems he has. I don't think it was polite of him in any way to address/accuse me as he did so I replied accordingly.

I understand that it probably wasn't the best reply in the world, however I don't think it was that bad either. If someone reading this thread finds it offensive, I apologize - that wasn't my intent. Also, I realize that people are frustrated and I sympathize. And if there is anything I could personally do to help with the situation, I would. I don't think though that "shooting the messenger" is the way to go.

By the way, for those who don't know I am not affiliated with Drawlab in any way. I am affiliated with Artipia which I was helping help Drawlab during the packaging process, hence my knowledge. Regarding the delay issue I don't know anything other than what Drawlab has posted.

Interesting that you say that you are not affiliated with Drawlab, you are afiliated with Artipia who indicated on Kickstarter they had NOTHING to do with packaging the games. I also understand that commenting negatively in ANY way on this prestigious board gaming community site is often met with hostility and anger by many board gaming "enthusiasts". That won't keep me from speaking my mind also. Sorry if that offends anyone but I have a voice as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:

I understand that it probably wasn't the best reply in the world, however I don't think it was that bad either.

It was. I have a very good opinion of Artipia because of work I've done previously for you, but you're better than this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.