$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Ave Roma» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on values or range of values at AEDIFICATOR, LEGATUS and SENATUS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernd x
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
A worker's number used for locations Aedificator, Legatus or Senatus need to correspond to the value or range of the values shown next to the card.
This rule was pretty clear, but then 2 examples in the rulebook confused me.

Example for Aedificator: "The card in this example can only be bought with a value 5 worker."
Which place should that be? I can´t see a place on the board that can only be used with a value 5 worker.

Similar for Legatus example in the rulebook:
"The card in this example can be bought with any value worker from 2 to 5".
Again I can´t see such a place.

Values for Aedificator, Legatus and Senatus are 1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5 (at least on my board).
Which means for these actions the value 1 worker is actually the strongest and value 5 is the weakest (leaving just one spot to choose per location).

To be honest I would have expected it the other way around especially as player order is based on sum of worker values and lowest sum will be first in the order.

Which way is correct?
With a value 1 worker I can choose from all 5 spots in Aedificator, Legatus and Senatus (assuming all spots are free), is that correct?
Then the two examples in the rulebook (at least in English and German) are wrong.
Otherwise the board is misprinted.
I hope only the examples are wrong ...

P.S. The example for Senatus matches the print on the board: "The card in this example can be bought with a worker valued at 1 and 2." and there is a spot 1-2 on the board.

Edit:
Just saw a picture of the prototype. There indeed the values for Aedificator and Legatus where different from Senatus. So I really hope we don´t have a misprint and only the example was not adapted to the current board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
red devil123 wrote:
... only the example was not adapted to the current board.

I would say this is the answer to your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domi Krantz
Hungary
Nagytarcsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the second case in deed, the rules are correct, the example is wrong. It wasn't updated from the previous prototype version, where this was possible. You can buy any card with a 1, but only one of them with a 5 in all 3 locations now.
It's that way in all language versions, will be updated for the next edition.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd x
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
OK, thanks for the quick answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.