4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games based on LOTR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
As a big fan of Lord of the rings I would like to ask which of the games based on tolkien novels are best. Someone recommended me quest for middlearth but maybe there are some better yet. Aswell would like to ask sbout some fantasy games except of descent and andor which ones would u reccommend me, I wd like some wizzards in the game, orcs, maybe a game where I can leveling the characters, but would like to try smtng less known as fe Descent, maybe with 2,3 expansions because descent has too many expansions. I like rpg games especially D&D but I own wrath of ashardalon nd havent played it yet, only used miniatures for rpg. So at first would like some good game based on tolkiens novels and 2nd some worth fantasy game with wizzards, orcs, dragons, dwarves...would like to try something maybe not that well known kinda indie cd b, iv heard about gloomhaven and sword & sorcery thats for me sure buy but for now if u ppl cd help me out Id been greatfull, thnx for advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
War of the Ring (second edition)

...drops mike...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really goes with the first half of your statement, but if you are looking for a game based on LOTR I would suggest Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. It doesn't have any leveling up or other familiar mechanics of role-playing games, but it oozes the LOTR theme to me. There are plenty of familiar characters and some of the more unfamiliar ones for those not as emerged in Tolkien lore. Some of the missions can be pretty tough though so make sure you are ok with some frustration. It really plays best with one or two players if that matters to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
War of the Ring or the LCG if you hate having money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.