Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Frans
United States
Mukilteo
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several of the kickstarter extras provide new components. The rules explicitly state that the number of regions and components are limited and specifically limited by player count. If you use the extras, are you supposed to swap out with the core game components so the quantity does not change? With the extra regions, should you cover up some other regions so the total number remains constant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Holtz
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is how I approached the regions. With 2 players and using the two expansion island regions I covered 4 of the original regions to keep the 2-player region total to 7.

-edit- With respect to the instructions related to Carolina and the island expansions I also modified the wine tokens I put on the islands. The expansion instructions say when you exclude a region in order to use an island region you should place a wine token on the island equal to the region number you excluded. This is fine in a 4 player game. But for the 2 player situation above I excluded regions 2, 5, 7, and 9. So on one island I added wine tokens 2&5 and and for the other island I added tokens 7&9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizbanggang wrote:
This is how I approached the regions. With 2 players and using the two expansion island regions I covered 4 of the original regions to keep the 2-player region total to 7.

Yep. This is why the KS edition comes with 4 ocean tiles to cover up 4 regions.

Quote:
-edit- With respect to the instructions related to Carolina and the island expansions I also modified the wine tokens I put on the islands. The expansion instructions say when you exclude a region in order to use an island region you should place a wine token on the island equal to the region number you excluded. This is fine in a 4 player game. But for the 2 player situation above I excluded regions 2, 5, 7, and 9. So on one island I added wine tokens 2&5 and and for the other island I added tokens 7&9.

Wouldn't that make those regions a bit too desirable as they can satisfy 2 of Carolina's desired regions instead of just 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizbanggang wrote:

You should just put 1 wine token per island.
So 2 for the first one, 5 for the second one, and 2 region numbers won't be used as in a normal 2p game. Otherwise those Islands would be too desirable as stated by PhoenixSF2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Holtz
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.