Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you decide to not pick anything up, all the players and keep diving and diving ... so the first turns no air gets lost and if you pick only one thing up you probably get back in time ...

??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed! That's why it is press your luck! Survive and get something and hope the others don't make it back, or grab what you can and hope you turn back in time.

-m
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I get that and probably someone is tempted to get someting sooner but if all the players dive deep without taking anything and then everyone get only one treasure and go up then without taking anything else ... isn't it possible that everyone gets there in time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh!! I understand what you are asking now. I've never done the math to find out what the ideal average depth would be for everyone to succeed. Of course, it is really up to the dice at that point. -m

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the game by the way.
One the of the games I saw a review (thank you Game Night ) of and directly added it to my wishlist. Now picked it up at Spiel whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlliantieAJ wrote:
Okay, I get that and probably someone is tempted to get someting sooner but if all the players dive deep without taking anything and then everyone get only one treasure and go up then without taking anything else ... isn't it possible that everyone gets there in time?

Yes, but the treasures have different values (two of each value), even within the same tier, so if everyone makes it back with one treasure from the same tier, either two players are tied and ahead of everyone else or one player is winning. Remember, you don't looks at the value of the treasure when you pick it up, only at the end of the round.

Therefore, even in the case everyone "plays nice" until you get to the final tier, as people are getting closer to returning to the ship, there's an incentive to grab a second treasure, or even a third, the air starts running our faster, people stop moving due to holding too much and getting bad rolls (dice only have values 1-3, not 1-6), and more likely at least one player doesn't make it back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true, if you get back you probably will snatch some low value treasures just to make it difficult for someone else

Really nice game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.