$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Rhodes» Forums » Rules

Subject: IMPORTANT! One mistake in the rules of Rhodes - player sequence - please check rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

Unfortunately a mistake has been made in the Dutch, French and German rules of the game Rhodes.

The mistake is on page 6 and is relevant. In the English rule book the rules regarding choosing the player sequence for the next round are mentioned in the right way: "It is not permitted to keep your marker on the same level! It must be placed AT LEAST one row up or down."

So this mistake has been made on page 6 at "4. Placing turn marker". The rule is that you may choose your line/level, but you are not allowed to choose exactly the same level.

Sorry for the mistake and we hope that the players will see this. Please like this thread, to show that this is an important rule hint.

A full FAQ list and hints will follow soon on this BGG page and on our website www.thegamemaster.nl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim de Jong
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I found out this mistake actualy playing my first game and posted this at the dutch rules section ([geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137168/nederlandstalige-spelregels-van-rhodes-eerste-edit]here[/geekurl]). being able to move only 1 space up or down was a big advantage for the first player in that game. Next game we will play by the right rule. Thanks for clearing it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
jimboardeu wrote:
I found out this mistake actualy playing my first game and posted this at the dutch rules section ([geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137168/nederlandstalige-spelregels-van-rhodes-eerste-edit]here[/geekurl]). being able to move only 1 space up or down was a big advantage for the first player in that game. Next game we will play by the right rule. Thanks for clearing it up.

you're welcome:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
AND NOW WE HAVE THE FAQ IN DUTCH:
http://www.thegamemaster.nl/nl/spellen-rhodos.html

SORRY FOR ALL THOSE FRENCH, ITALIAN, GERMAN, ENGLISH, GREEK, CHINESE, AMERICAN, DANISH, SPANISH, POLISH, CZECH, RUSSIAN, AUSTRIAN AND AUSTRALIAN PEOPLE WE HAD ON THE BOOTH... YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE ENGLISH VERSION OF THE FAQ IS READY. IS BEING TRANSLATED RIGHT NOW.

Alleen de Nederlandstalige mensen hebben geluk. Deze FAQ kun je dus vinden op de pagina van Rhodes. Leef je dus uit! Er zitten ook wat tips in. Goede spelregels maken is namelijk moeilijk, maar ook het goed lezen van de spelregels is een vak apart. Daarom deze complete FAQ met aandachtspunten, zodat je niet de mist in... vaart.

Er komen ook nog expert varianten online, omdat er nu eenmaal heel veel vraag naar is. Dus als je Rhodes ook als expert speler wilt spelen, je hebt wat extra zitvlees en 2-2,5 uur spelen is voor jou geen probleem? Wacht nog even, want de spelauteur en het design team werken nog aan een paar mooie manieren om het spel verder te verdiepen...

The Game Master

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
AND NOW YOU CAN FIND THE FAQ LIST IN ENGLISH ON THE FOLLOWING PAGE:

http://www.thegamemaster.nl/en/games-rhodes.htm

This includes a hint and tips list. It should be giving the answers to all of your questions, but if not... you can send an e-mail to info@thegamemaster.nl or post a thread or reply on BGG.

ENJOY THE GAME!

The Game Master

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brainmaster wrote:

So this mistake has been made on page 6 at "4. Placing turn marker". The rule is that you may choose your line/level, but you are not allowed to choose exactly the same level.

So, I've now played twice and read this at least a half dozen times. I still don't understand. Can you give an example? If in the last round, I received $1 (4th row), can I receive a $1 (4th row) this round? If not, then I don't understand what the misprint is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
The mistake was in all the rules EXCEPT the English rules.

You are right. You may move up or down, but may not move horizontally back to the space you took the previous turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.