Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Tucknott
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any issues with badly cut cards? The Fire Command cards in my game look like they were cut with a blunting blade, one of the edges is a little mangled on each one and when you shuffle them the Fire cards very quickly bunch up together. Will have to sleeve them, which is a shame.

Other than that the components in this game are amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly wrote:
Will have to sleeve them, which is a shame what should be done anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Slightly wrote:
Anyone have any issues with badly cut cards? The Fire Command cards in my game look like they were cut with a blunting blade, one of the edges is a little mangled on each one and when you shuffle them the Fire cards very quickly bunch up together. Will have to sleeve them, which is a shame.

Other than that the components in this game are amazing!

Take a picture of the affected cards and send in a ticket at:

support.riotgames.com

Might take some time to get it resolved as I'm not even sure if we have received our shipment of replacement pieces, yet, but if you're not happy with the quality, I want us to be able to track that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Tucknott
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Kades, I'll do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike kohlhepp
United States
allentown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, THAT is being on top of things! Nice Chris...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris is incredible.
Could run for next US president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
Chris is incredible.

Well he's a better choice than the current ones.

Hopefully this is an isolated quality issue, but glad to hear that Riot is prepared with replacement components as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
Chris is incredible.

It's really not me. It's Riot. I get to spend my time chatting with you guys and empowered to solve your issues, but that's only because Riot's a pretty unique snowflake. There aren't many companies that will allow people outside of 'publishing' or 'marketing' to chat with their customers. There's a lot of risk involved with that as there's a chance I could misspeak and create a lot of player pain. Riot's ok absorbing that risk since we see interacting with the community a key component in providing player value. Hopefully, I'll build up enough equity to be forgiven for the occasional misstep.

The "Chris is awesome" sentiment is very appreciated, but should really be "Riot is awesome". Even with all of the headaches of the last week, I feel like the luckiest man alive to be able to have the freedom to make the game that we wanted to make, at the price we wanted to charge, with honestly very few constraints. And I've never done this before - so I keep thinking at any point, someone here is going to get wise to that and realize how out of my depth I am.

But fixing your problems isn't something that feels like work. I think everyone here wants you to have the best experience possible. That's more a product of where I get to work than anything I'm personally bringing to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
eker wrote:
Chris is incredible.

It's really not me. It's Riot. I get to spend my time chatting with you guys and empowered to solve your issues, but that's only because Riot's a pretty unique snowflake. There aren't many companies that will allow people outside of 'publishing' or 'marketing' to chat with their customers. There's a lot of risk involved with that as there's a chance I could misspeak and create a lot of player pain. Riot's ok absorbing that risk since we see interacting with the community a key component in providing player value. Hopefully, I'll build up enough equity to be forgiven for the occasional misstep.

The "Chris is awesome" sentiment is very appreciated, but should really be "Riot is awesome". Even with all of the headaches of the last week, I feel like the luckiest man alive to be able to have the freedom to make the game that we wanted to make, at the price we wanted to charge, with honestly very few constraints. And I've never done this before - so I keep thinking at any point, someone here is going to get wise to that and realize how out of my depth I am.

But fixing your problems isn't something that feels like work. I think everyone here wants you to have the best experience possible. That's more a product of where I get to work than anything I'm personally bringing to the table.

Every candidate is only as good as the team they have behind them...

Now, can someone please make the (micro)badge "Vote #1 Chris"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Hopefully, I'll build up enough equity to be forgiven for the occasional misstep.

Not by me. The moment you slip up I'm going to jump on you like something that jumps on things a lot. Mark my words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
caffeinehead wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
Hopefully, I'll build up enough equity to be forgiven for the occasional misstep.

Not by me. The moment you slip up I'm going to jump on you like something that jumps on things a lot. Mark my words.

Like a rabid kangaroo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
caffeinehead wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

Like a rabid kangaroo.

Get out of my mind!
-- Lawnmower Man
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
Chris is incredible.

While nice to say, with the current 2 jokers that isn't saying much.

It's kind of like saying "Wow, you could be a surrogate crash test dummy!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
My Fire Command Cards are miscut as well. The edges are clean but the cards are oversized compared to the other elements.

I took pictures and submitted a ticket today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.