Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Verduzco
Mexico
Mexico City
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I've been following this game since launch and I really want it. After reading lots of posts and watching some videos I have some questions.

1) I mostly play with my Girlfriend OR my Brother, so I play 95% of the time with just one other human. Is this a good purchase for 2 p only? I know that the Troggs will never be played (unless a miracle happens and my friends want to play this game OR they became a playable faction in future expansions)
2) How well balanced is the game (without the Scouting human thing)?
3) My GF doesn't speak English but can read the basic stuff... will she be able to play it? I can translate her all the cards but I don't know if she can "practice" his English.

4) Not a question, just my appreciation for taking the time to answer this simple but important questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akroatis wrote:
Hi, I've been following this game since launch and I really want it. After reading lots of posts and watching some videos I have some questions.

1) I mostly play with my Girlfriend OR my Brother, so I play 95% of the time with just one other human. Is this a good purchase for 2 p only? I know that the Troggs will never be played (unless a miracle happens and my friends want to play this game OR they became a playable faction in future expansions)
3) My GF doesn't speak English but can read the basic stuff... will she be able to play it? I can translate her all the cards but I don't know if she can "practice" his English.

4) Not a question, just my appreciation for taking the time to answer this simple but important questions.

It is a great 2 player game!

It is very well balanced if you leave out Scouting.

The English needed to play is limited, but the game isn't language independent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Akroatis wrote:

I'm a big fan of the game as 2 player. ONce you know it, it plays CRAZY fast. Like, 30 minutes. So, you can experiment and try lots of different things.

There will likely be foreign language versions in the future if you are okay waiting. I don't know when. There's a LOT of text, but it's mostly simple game text, so if you're willing to have a few slower first games as you translate the content...it shouldn't be too bad?

I cannot comment on balance or other things as I'm the designer. But...I think it works

grant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
I played at 2p so far and it's absolutely great. My wife likes it alot, and she likes the visual of the game. She says it's refreshing compared to usually dark sci-fi worlds we see like Aliens or Warhammer 40k). It's more like Avatar in a way (without the blue cat-monkeys)

The game is fun even if you just use the default skill (and i advise you to do so at first). Then you can add more skills and see what it is all about. I'd even try Scouting so you understand how it works anyway.

As for the language, there might be alot of text, but there's also alot of doubles and even tripples of the cards who have the same text. So maybe go through all the different effects (there are not that many), so she knows what they do. Then over time she'll be visually able to recognise what is what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.