Conflict of Heroes: Guadalcanal – The Pacific 1942» Forums » Rules

Subject: Passing in Three Player Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Luksich
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I was eying the three player firefight (#8 Race for Rescue), but I have a nagging question I want to answer before playing. In the rules it is stated: "When all players but one pass consecutively, the Round ends"

From my experience this works well in four player games. But in a three player scenario this would appear to put the player who was own their own side at a drastic disadvantage, as the two player team could repeatedly pass once they got a point advantage and simply end the round early until the game ended.

Is there something I am missing, or was this a rules/proofing oversight? Do you think that the rule should include "When all players but one have passed AND when at least one player from each side passed, the round ends"?

Side question, as I recall the 3 player scenario in AtB (Red Ice) has the lone player taking double turns. Do you think Race for Rescue is intended to be played with the lone player taking double turns or is it balanced with the Japanese getting two turns for each one of the Marine's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking at the Race to the Rescue, and noticed like you say that the Japanese get two turns for every one Marine turn. I'll have to play it to see if it is balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In our experience, if the Japanese pass too often they get decimated by the American Navel Gunfire. We may have to add a special pass rule though to clear up any confusion though.

Thanks,
Gunter
Academy Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
On reflection, I will be adding a special rule that has the Turn end only if The U.S. player passes and at least one Japanese player passes.
Gunter
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.