$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.3% of Goal | left

Support:

R T
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
For how often it gets played / storage / $$$ reasons, I've limited myself to one medium-large plano for Rebel ships and one for Imperials. I don't need pilot/upgrade cards (I use list builders / don't play in tournaments) and I'm aiming for a sweet spot of variety and reliability in my casual collection.

My boxes have 4 spots left. As it stands, I have:

2 TIEs
2 TIE/fos
1 Xwing
1 T70 Xwing
2 Z95 headhunters
1 Y wing
1 Firespray / Slave 1
2 Tie Interceptors
1 Millennium Falcon / (YT1300?)
1 B wing
1 A wing
1 TIE Advanced
1 TIE Phantom

What seems to make the most sense checking out oft-played lists is to get another B-Wing and another Core Set (thus another Xwing and 2 TIEs). I humbly request the advice of internet nerds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
should be able to fit lots of rebel ships into single holes!

I have no advice really-- if I limited myself it would be to just scum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you already have one Core there isn't a lot of reason to get a second one I think. Just get the individual ships you want.

4 spots left, but you don't say how many for Imperials and how many for Rebels... I only play Imperials so I'll just list what I'd suggest on that side and leave Rebels for someone else.

Imperial Veterans will get you a TIE Defender and TIE Bomber, both good ships to own. A second of either or both is no bad thing
TIE Advanced Prototype
Decimator would be nice but presumably won't fit
An extra TIE Fighter or two would be nice if you want to run swarms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would strongly suggest the Imperial vets pack and Tie adv prototype.
A Tie/sf is also good - been pleased with those since they have been released.

From a rebel point of view you are missing a K wing, the new arc's are getting good reviews, an E wing is pretty good with Corran.

So if a bit of both I would go imp vets, E wing, not sure for the last 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holden Wolf
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
I'm just looking at the variety aspect of your post; you may want to consider the TIE Bomber and Lambda-class Shuttle (large base). These add heaps of tactical variety and allow for all kinds of fun scenarios - though they're probably not trending too much in the meta (I'll leave the cutting edge lists to others.)

I'm a bit of a fluff and Original Trilogy purist, so another factor I consider is snubfighter flights (e.g. 2 X-Wings) and groups (e.g. 4 TIEs) as depicted in the movies. A second core set was the route I took and building up your forces in this way allows for the recreation of many of the classic dogfights!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be be wrong person to ask.

I over bought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at what you need for Heroes of the Aturi Cluster for Imperials, and make that your minimum for that faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Between you guys / other internet research, the consensus seems most definite at TIE bomber and E-wing - think I'll use those extra two slots to hold some tokens.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.