GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 88.5

5,795 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
36.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Alvin Lo
msg tools
Xanthir is the villian in deck 3.
It said "Xanthir cannot be evaded, and is immune to the Poison trait. When you encounter Xanthir, if there are more than 15 cards in the blessings deck, he immediately escape as if undefeated."

In my case, my character encountered Xanthir when there is more then 15 blessings card in the deck. I assume I still need to fight him to see if he do any combat damage to me. After the combat is resolved, since he is undefeated and I have open location, I took open-location -1 cards from my blessing deck. So, basically I will run out of time very soon.

On the side note, can I used Apprentice "Recharge this card to add 1d6 to your Arcane or Divine Check" on Enora's spell combat check? It will make her even more powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says that he immediately escapes, so you don't do the combat check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And, yes, you can use the Apprentice on the combat spell checks. It doesn't say it only affects non-combat checks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zayzayem and medwards are both correct.

He immediately escapes. You don't do a combat check.

Note: temporary closing attempts are made BEFORE the villain encounter ( see FAQ). So you DO get a chance to close locations before he escapes. Otherwise, yes, this will cost you time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.