Subject: Newest / Oldest food eaten together? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mb
What is the food combination you've eaten that contains both the newest and oldest components?

This comes up because of breakfast today: we got some aged rat-trap cheddar the other day--a couple of pounds as a gift and a little for ourselves. This morning, when we heard one of our hens announce a new egg we grabbed it and made a small omelette.

The omelette had cheddar that was 2 and a half years old, while the egg was about 10 minutes old. That's a ratio of 1 : 131,000!

I guess drinking vintage champagne while eating blackberries straight from the canes would be even newer / older combo, but let's say drinking doesn't count--it's gotta be solid food only.

What's the oldest/newest food combo you've ever eaten?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
blush Chineses`s "1,000 Year-EGG" upon a "freshly-made slice of toast" so, from way-back then until ...NOW! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Venison and boogers.

Game, set and match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Bordeaux
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell you a ratio, because I don't remember what I ate along with it, but I did eat a pack of Skittles that was somewhere between 10 and 16 years old one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
24 year old scotch and fresh ice from the icemaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
-sauron-
/cool ~4-'Fried Chickens' ...and a 'Coke'!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I clicked on this link I was expecting to read something about Kuhrusty and road-kill...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Venison and boogers.

FLAGGED

Karlsen wrote:
When I clicked on this link I was expecting to read something about Kuhrusty and road-kill...

FLAGGED

(The last roadkill I picked up & brought home was a dead skunk. That pretty much cured me of picking up & bringing home roadkill.)

(By the way, you have to go read that whole thread now.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
In the early 80s my parents discovered several jars of plum jam made by my paternal grandmother. Dad's best guess was they dated from ~1960. It was excellent - no trace of mould.

Otherwise archaeologists seem to have an informal competition to unearth increasingly ancient stashes of honey. Apparently it doesn't go off - I'll bet some has been sampled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Venison and boogers.

Game, set and match.
I thought Boogers was the American for bogeys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I found an old tin of Jasmine tea once. It had an imperial (pounds and pence) price label on it, which meant that was pre February 1966. It was nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
My box of Cream of Tatar belonged to my mother. I borrowed it once and she told me to keep it. (You use it to stabilize beaten egg whites, in meringues and cakes; 1/8 tsp per egg white)
She also told me that she bought it in university, in 1955.

The box is still 1/3 full. It even has the price tag on it-- 7 cents.

So the last lemon meringue pie that I made had eggs that were probably weeks old, but with Cream of Tartar from the Stone Age.

Damn-- now I'm craving lemon meringue pie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
I made a pizza with 3 year old parmigiano cheese and tomatoes and onions I pulled from my garden...I'm sure I ate it with some vintage wine that was older.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
24 year old scotch and fresh ice from the icemaker.

Isn't that a crime?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You know, like, for realsies.
badge
Vaughn had always been a good student, but now it seemed as though he mastered his lessons too quickly.
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
(By the way, you have to go read that whole thread now.)

FLAGGED
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once ate some old leftovers in the fridge that I didn't think were in there that long and smelled good. I got pretty sick that night so I guess I was wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.