Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mold is just one design, a girl with bow on their head and her "chassis" formed like a dress. No boys in town. Not cool.

I'm not sure I like the upgrade. They feel nice (I think they're more like rubber, not plastic, or at least soft plastic), but they are lighter and their bases are smaller, which means that they don't stand that stable. It's also harder to arrange them in the row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will's Mama
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the bases hollow? Maybe you could glue in tiny magnets as someone suggested with the original robots (without the hassle of drilling holes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're not hollow, they're pretty flat and tiny. How adding the magnet is going to help it stand straight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
rattkin wrote:
All the robots are girls now?
Nah, relax, everything's alright, they are still robots. They just like to dress feminine when they go to the steam park.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lee elektrik wrote:
rattkin wrote:
Nah, relax, everything's alright, they are still robots. They just like to dress feminine when they go to the steam park.

I wonder why? :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
lee elektrik wrote:
rattkin wrote:

I wonder why?

You may be reading too much into this
I don't see them as females at all. The "bow" on their head is actually a wind up key, while the "dress-shaped" chassis is needed because if we put legs on such a small miniature, it would have too thin legs and they would me more easily prone to break.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A wind-up key! Ah, that changes things. It looks quite like a bow to me, but now I can see that it could also be the key. Yeah, I agree with the decision to lower the center of mass because of the design.

That said, a lot of minis had these plastic glut leftover at their bases, which made them wobbly or not standing at all. I had to treat them with exacto knife to remove it. Not a big problem, mind you. I'm happy that I've upgraded, after all. I've played a game with this and it makes a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the impressions. If the plastic is a functional downgrade I'll probably skip this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will's Mama
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
They're not hollow, they're pretty flat and tiny. How adding the magnet is going to help it stand straight?

A poster on the original game "pimped" his by adding magnets to the robots and the underside of the rides to make them stay in place better.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1107394/pimping-your-par...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Well, I don't think I need such extreme solutions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.