Support:

Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone can read Japanese letters fluently, could you tell me if this says anything, please? (I realize it may not even be Japanese letters - if so, my apologies). Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter is a mostly fluent Japanese speaker, and she said it looked like "a bunch of lines."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Looks like a blueprint to move a paragraph by sleigh and invert it.

Probably something to do with local tax code.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OSAKA Kobe KYOTO Nara BULLET to TOKYO
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot read JP but I've looked at vast quantities of it over the past 3 years, and that's not JP. Not even Arabic. Just squiggles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My son agrees - not Japanese.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Japanese, according to my Japanese wife who claims to be fluent (I think she's just good at imitating) says it looks like a dog or cow/bull on the right... after contemplating the left side, it looks to me like someone winking...

I'd just say it is vandalistic graffiti... borderline retarded graffiti that's not worthy of inner city acclaim... I'd hang a sign that you'd be will to pay for a proper art class so that the neighborhood would not have to look at lowbrow remedial scribbles of a pathetic tagging wannabe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Be kind.
mbmbmbmbmb
We're all incredibly lucky that the high priest goofed on semigraph 47.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

So where is this ship docked?

Train cars in dark railyards attract vandals, but most graffiti artists avoid wandering the docks to tag the sides of ships, methinks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Japanese.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, that's what I was thinking too. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it even a photograph? It looks fairly "flat" and even a bit pixelated, like something from a videogame.

It does look like meaningless squiggles. But shorthand writing looks like squiggles, too. (Google "example of shorthand writing in english") It probably doesn't mean anything, but it does look deliberate enough at first glance that it may be an example of some form of shorthand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's from a videogame (Rainbow Six Siege) - a modern FPS. We're trying to figure out the Easter Egg that reveals the next DLC map. It's located on the last DLC map (a Favela map set in Brazil)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Google shows more traffic about this on Reddit. It looks like folks have been trying to crack this nut for awhile—and as late as three days ago, they're still talking about it!

If you want speculation (maybe even the solution) from other players, maybe check that out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While I appreciate that advice very much, I'm one of the key players over there working on this mystery. LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.