K2» Forums » General

Subject: Preferred level for solo play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chas H
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I recently got this game and have been really enjoying the solo play.

I think I am close to mastering the easiest level - easy mountain, easy weather. The key has been the judicious use of the risk tokens.

I "burn" the risk tokens off the acclimatization level of a climber slowly moving forward at the base of the mountain (and getting the +1 acclimatization per turn), while the other climber races to pitch a tent just below the 8,000 foot mark on the left side and hunkers down waiting for the right combination of cards to summit and drop back down to the tent. Meanwhile, the other climber slowly progresses up the mountain. My goal is to get the second climber to summit on the last turn by "leapfrogging" over the camped first climber, using the combination of 3/3/2 movement cards and one of the 0 risk tokens that I save one for the end. This is more difficult to pull off with the winter weather.

After playing with the winter weather or the hard side of the mountain, my game play has definitely improved. I have not yet played with both the winter weather and hard side of the mountain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.