Subject: Quick and Dirty Campaign System for Fed Com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Linnemann
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I've been looking for an easy way to get a little drama and context into my Federation Commander games without going off the deep end. I know there are some other options out there, but I decided to try adapting the Empire War system from Talon, and I'm pretty excited to start play testing.

There's a lot here that will probably need fixing, but asymmetry was one of my design goals (balance be damned!). It'll be fun to at least see if the Romulan invasion I've constructed was doomed from the start...or not.

Also, the orders of battle are given with limitations on models and counters based on just my personal supply of gaming materials. Feel free to ignore/adjust.

I have two scenarios drafted: one that is Fed/Kling and the other that is Fed/Rom. I'm not sure if anyone else is interested in these, but I thought I'd share what I've done! Thanks for taking a gander!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
Great work, Tim! Talon as well as FedComm player here, too. I like the idea of creating mini-campaigns such as yours for FC; I love the system, but an add-on campaign that works would add plenty of drama.

Am subscribing and hoping you throw out some feedback during your initial Fed/Rom campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Linnemann
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for the love! I'm not sure how soon I'm going to be getting on starting the campaign. I have a little one that is about to be 2 months, so everything is up in the air right now for (extremely long campaign based) board games!
:D
But if/when I get around to it, I'll certainly post an update here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.