Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in terms of component quality, which english version is the best?

* biggest tiles
* most durable tiles
* best coloring
* sturdiest board

has anyone played a few different versions and have a preference?

I have two versions:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

First let me say that here in North America, Upwords is very frequently and easily found in thrift stores, so I personally would not pay full price for any of these....

With the notable exception of the wooden case edition, all of the versions that I've seen are more or less equivalent in quality of construction and materials, and all are perfectly playable in that regard.

The largest tiles can be found in this version:

I'm 97.3% sure that this version has the same size tiles, but it has a larger board with more room to play:

In my opinion, this version is far and away the nicest to play on, because the colors are very easy on the eyeballs and the tiles and board are smaller:

And I think that would go even more for this one, which is the same version in a wooden case that doubles as a base for the board:

The last version is one of my thrifting mini-grails that I have not yet found, but I'm sure I'll find one someday.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We bought our house in 2006. In 2007 my wife had me till a garden patch in the yard. I was merrily running along, tearing up the turf and i see thins square, white, plastic thing flash across my vision. I stopped the tiller and searched for it. Could be something valuable, after all!

I had never seen Upwords, but later I determined (with help from folks here at BGG) that it was a tile from the game. We bought the right house

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.