Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Rignell
Sweden
Örebro
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I played my first game of Inis, after getting the game from Essen.
There was one situation when an opponent played New alliances and replaced one of my clans. I then wanted to play an epic tale card where I can get a clan back after it was removed.
After a short discussion we ruled it as it was not removed, it was replaced, and therefore my epic card could not hinder it. We came to that conclusion after looking at the wording for clashes, where it specifically says "remove" and the epic card is focused on combat.

Another thing is the timing of playing triskel cards triggered by playing another card.
When it says "After you play X card...", do you play the triskel card exactly when you put the X card into play or complete the X card's action first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purely based on your description I would say removed is included in replaced. Remove means take a piece of the board. Replace means remove the piece of the board and place one of yours in its place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

ringan wrote:
Yesterday I played my first game of Inis, after getting the game from Essen.
There was one situation when an opponent played New alliances and replaced one of my clans. I then wanted to play an epic tale card where I can get a clan back after it was removed.
After a short discussion we ruled it as it was not removed, it was replaced, and therefore my epic card could not hinder it. We came to that conclusion after looking at the wording for clashes, where it specifically says "remove" and the epic card is focused on combat.

You are right, it is on purpose that we didn't use "removed". It is not removed.

Quote:
Another thing is the timing of playing triskel cards triggered by playing another card.
When it says "After you play X card...", do you play the triskel card exactly when you put the X card into play or complete the X card's action first?

After you complete the card effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Rignell
Sweden
Örebro
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply.
And most of all, thank you for a wonderful game, Christian!

I got it signed by you during Essen, a wonderful little thing to show off for my fellow board gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.