$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26.4% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Sean Thompson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just like the title says....

I know it's not optimal but I was just wondering. Our play group has copies of both editions, just depends who brings it when we meet up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Scaife
msg tools
I think it would work better with the 2nd edition as some of the new haunts make reference to using coloured monster tokens which are in the 2nd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that first and second editions are more or less the same aside from some haunt corrections, so I would guess it should work with either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read somewhere that they were including info on how to make it work with the first edition.

I'll check the rulebook later to see if there is a line about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that they were including info on how to make it work with the first edition.

We're getting an FAQ together which includes this issue. The tl;dr answer: Yes, but you have to get creative with tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Thompson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mike selinker wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:

We're getting an FAQ together which includes this issue. The tl;dr answer: Yes, but you have to get creative with tokens.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:

That would be a great idea, so we know what we should proxy/modify to be able to play with 1st ed. base game.

Let us know when it is done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:

Looking forward to the FAQ as I've clung on to the 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
We noticed tonight that you can clearly see expansion rooms in a stack of 1st edition tiles. The edges are a different colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Played some more tonight. One haunt we hit required a yellow monster token which my first edition copy of the game did not have. Used the white "Doctor" token from the expansion instead. Worked fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did notice that first Ed room tiles are black-edged, and the WW tiles are white-edged. Or else I got creative with a sharpie back in 200-whenever the first Ed was released...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yup. For the first few games we played with the tiles stacked inside a box corner to prevent seeing the tile edges.

We stopped doing that when we decided that there wasn't a single good reason it mattered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.