Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K Lang
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Help!
Liang's Card text says - " in the scoring phase, the player of your choice will lose 1 point for each card in their combination".

Rule book says Liang's power is - "in the scoring phase you can steal 4 points from the player of your choice".

Which should we be playing?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there!

You can play with any of the two abilities. We think that the 4 points steal is more balanced and less cut throat than the original "lose 1 point for each card in their combination" as in the japanese version.

Let me know how it went!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xoul wrote:
Hello there!

You can play with any of the two abilities. We think that the 4 points steal is more balanced and less cut throat than the original "lose 1 point for each card in their combination" as in the japanese version.

Let me know how it went!

Another quick question. While your at it. What does "lose 1 pt for each card in their combination" mean? is it for every color they have -1 pt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Saigetsu wrote:

Another quick question. While your at it. What does "lose 1 pt for each card in their combination" mean? is it for every color they have -1 pt?

Is is actually for each card in the combination. So it could go from 4 (if the player got stolen) to 8 if the player did an amazing turn. That's why we are sure steal 4 points is more balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xoul wrote:
Saigetsu wrote:

Is is actually for each card in the combination. So it could go from 4 (if the player got stolen) to 8 if the player did an amazing turn. That's why we are sure steal 4 points is more balanced.

Ah alright. Thx ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Xoul wrote:
Saigetsu wrote:

But
"lose 1 point for each card in their combination"
for me, the player lose 4 point (for example) and you win 0 point.
"Steal 4 point"
for me, the player lose 4 point and you win 4 points.
That a difference of 8 points ! You think, it's more balanced !?
And what about "Suyin" whose the effect if for all the player ? It's not an advantage for the player who have this character !? wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus1981 wrote:

But
"lose 1 point for each card in their combination"
for me, the player lose 4 point (for example) and you win 0 point.
"Steal 4 point"
for me, the player lose 4 point and you win 4 points.
That a difference of 8 points ! You think, it's more balanced !?
And what about "Suyin" whose the effect if for all the player ? It's not an advantage for the player who have this character !? wow

Normally is way more than 4 points. It could be up to 7 or 8 cards.

Suyin only applies to the player that got the card. Every ability only applies to the owner of the card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.