tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arvils Feldmanis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OCTGN is good choise for LCGs of all sorts to be played thrue inter-webs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, I play online suing OCTGN, and Skype (for voice) at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Please join the Skype group, all of you! It needs more players!

Why play on OCTGN when you can play with real cards? This is not meant to be a computer game, after all. Simply point your webcam down at your desk and go!

https://join.skype.com/FQFyt89l9RlK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
already join that and see no one.

sdrewthomson wrote:
Please join the Skype group, all of you! It needs more players!

Why play on OCTGN when you can play with real cards? This is not meant to be a computer game, after all. Simply point your webcam down at your desk and go!

https://join.skype.com/FQFyt89l9RlK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

sdrewthomson wrote:
Simply point your webcam down at your desk and go!

Admittedly I haven't tried this method, but I imagine I'd have trouble reading the text on my opponent's cards. Or being able to "pick up" one of his cards to get a closer look. ... Especially at an attachment.

With OCTGN, you only need to hover the pointer over a card and a large image of the card fills a portion of the screen. That feature alone is wonderful.

I like the Skype concept, but again, I can't imagine how in reality it works better than OCTGN. (Granted, that's when OCTGN us up, of course)! whistle

And finally, My ethical attitude about playing a game over OCTGN is that if at least one of the players owns all the cards that are in play (to include copies), then the game is ethical. This would be no different than if you invited a friend over to play a game, and he doesn't actually own AGoT, but you own everything needed for both.

And this is the situation with my OCTGN opponent. He doesn't physically own most of the cards we use to build our decks (he owns one core set). But I do. So this is a situation for which the Skype concept wouldn't work, which is why I never bothered to see how it would work!

But I'm glad it's working for others. Sounds like the "truest" way to play online!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played with french guy
he's really nice to teach octgn to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.