Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick Question About Location Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Harvey
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I just played Fury of Dracula 3ed recently, my group's first time pulling it out, and we had a blast!

However, I ended up with one significant question that I couldn't resolve via the rulebook or the rules reference book: where do the location cards go after they move past the sixth spot of the Trail? Every mention I see for the game suggests Dracula is playing an elaborate game of Snake, but does that mean all location cards are discarded? If so, where is that officially stated? For the life of me, I can't find a definitive clause in the rules on what happens to the location cards after they fall off the back end of the Trail, which obviously would have a rather important impact on gameplay (since if they're returned to the location deck, I don't see any specific notation where he can't go back to a location in such a capacity).

Thank you in advance! All the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They return to the location deck, Dracula can go there again once those locations are off the trail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
btharveyku08 wrote:
I just played Fury of Dracula 3ed recently, my group's first time pulling it out, and we had a blast!

However, I ended up with one significant question that I couldn't resolve via the rulebook or the rules reference book: where do the location cards go after they move past the sixth spot of the Trail? Every mention I see for the game suggests Dracula is playing an elaborate game of Snake, but does that mean all location cards are discarded? If so, where is that officially stated? For the life of me, I can't find a definitive clause in the rules on what happens to the location cards after they fall off the back end of the Trail, which obviously would have a rather important impact on gameplay (since if they're returned to the location deck, I don't see any specific notation where he can't go back to a location in such a capacity).

Thank you in advance! All the best.

The location card goes back to the location deck.

When a hideout slides off the trail, it is matured or becomes a lair. If it becomes a lair the location goes to a lair spot, so you are talking about the situation when the hideout is matured.

See page 10 of the reference guide under maturing

Quote:
After resolving all matured effects, Dracula clears the hideout. He returns any damage tokens in that hideout to the token pool, removes any rumor tokens in that hideout from the game, and returns any location or power card in the hideout to the location deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Harvey
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
EXCELLENT. So it's not strictly a game of Snake like I've seen suggested (and how Quinns suggested in his How To Play), other than the "snake" being a maximum of six locations long.

Thank you both for your help! Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Meney
Scotland
Larbert
Stirlingshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ill leave it to the experts but I have always assumed it rolls off the trail and either goes into a Lair slot or is returned to the location deck to be reused. It is still a game of snake but with 6 to 9 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And here I was thinking that it was absolutely obvious that they would return to the location deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdiel Xordium
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Addum wrote:
Ill leave it to the experts but I have always assumed it rolls off the trail and either goes into a Lair slot or is returned to the location deck to be reused. It is still a game of snake but with 6 to 9 cards.

To be precise the "snake" is 6 spaces long. Lair locations are not necessarily adjacent to Dracula's trail or to each other. Also, Dracula can move to a lair at which point it becomes part of his trail again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.