Support:

Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Warfighter variant ‘Get to the Choppa!’
I have just picked up the Legendary DBG Predator and it got me thinking of a Warfighter scenario.

1. The game is based on the Predator movie from 1987.
2. 1st objective is 'Destroy the Drug Huts', which is the Guerrillas camp.
3. 1st & 2nd mission Deep raid RP 116, Time 19, Obj #9 Loadout -4
4. 1st & 2nd Sitrep ‘on your own’ +9 = total 125 RP.
5. Jam rule six soldiers +6 = Total 131
6. After destroying the Guerrillas camp you get a free speedball (5RP)
7. 2nd objective is Bugging out.
8. Predator appears at 2nd mission, roll D10 when objective card placed if a 1 appears in this location if not each time a new location placed count objective and # of locations in play roll D10 if less than or equal to then appears in that just placed location.
9. Predator use Elite Guard with a Ghillie suit (7-10 no attack) and body armour (5-10 cancel one wound/suppression).
10. Predator removes all suppression markers at end of Hostile phase.
11. If Predator takes two kills remove from location may appear again each time a new location placed count objective and # of locations in play roll D10 if < then appears in that location.
12. Use 8 target markers, Predator will choose a new target every hostile attack phase if 7 or 8 then attack any Guerrillas instead of soldiers.
13. Smoke as no effect v Predator.
14. Break contact only works v Guerrillas not Predator.
15. Characters: Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer PS uses Baynes (29) H7 LO12 UN 9 (1 extra action, veteran start with 2xp). M16A4 (4/4) rail 2, Suppressor 3/1(0), ACOG 2/1(0), Dual Mag 3/1, Smoke 2/2, 1xM67 1/1, Knee pads 2/1, Molle 1/0, M9 1/1, Claymore 2/2, Ka-bar 1/1 Sunglasses 0/0= Cost 22/13 loadout. Skills (14). Zeroed 4, Agile 3, Good to Go 2, Squared Away 3, Stealthy 2. Total =65
16. Mac Eliot NPS Foster (12) M16A2 (change from M4) ACOG, M9, 1xM67, Marksman. Running total =77
17. Blain Cooper Gunner NPS Anderson (17) M249 Saw marksman. Running total = 94
18. George Dillon CIA NPS Rosas (8) M16A2 1xM67 no mich helmet. Running total = 102
19. Jorge "Poncho" Ramírez NPS Mitton (21) M16/M203 ACOG, Red Dot 2xM67 grenades. Running total = 123
20. Rick Hawkins radioman NPS. Samaniego (8) 1st aid kit & MP5 suppressed. Running total = 131
21. When placing a new location roll 2D10 one is positive other is negative add to RP total if drops into lower slot use that for hostiles.
22. Victory points 1 per soldier that escapes in film only one.
23. Predator always closes range if a soldier is downed, retrieving body as a trophy.
24. Triggered weapons do not work if played in reaction v predator.
25. Water, River or stream locations if a soldier is in any of these at start of Hostile attack phase, each roll as if wearing a Ghillie suit for being targeted by the Predator, fools infrared detection.
26. Alternate to rolling for Predator, the Elite Guard is the predator and appears when drawn after 1st Mission if removed add to hostile cards still to be drawn and shuffle in, next time picked Predator placed in location and so on. Chance of failing to roll for Predator on other system is 6/10,000.
27. If body armour fails to protect and Predator would be removed, then if failure roll is more than the number of locations left to be placed counting the mission card then discard Armour. Ie Mission card and one more location to be placed so base 2, if rolls 1 or 2 then take damage if 3-4 remove armour cancel all damage return Predator to full health. Once armour gone Predator can be killed, if killed countdown begins at end of hostile phase roll D6 if 6+ then explodes, modifier add one per turn. If Predator explodes each soldier not on Choppa rolls 2D6 modifier –1 for each range away from Predator this is damage taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
badge
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar discussion about this a couple of years back - well done for getting ideas solidified! cool

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/17456708#17456708

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like the card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will change to Fearless rather than losing suppression at end of Hostile phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some new keywords coming with WW2 WF that would be appropriate.

But I can't say... Else Dan might make a trophy of me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looking at the keywords WWII I would use maintain 1 and give the Predator range 0-2.
Have started playing through, 1st problem was I did the drug huts mission but used a large amount of ammo. So I decided to change the rule that says get a free 5Rps if complete mission to get them if fails, but full rearm if successful, represents looting the camp for ammo and grenades etc.
The next problem is suppression, take cover etc these seem too easy to thwart the Predator so I am thinking that you have to roll against his stealth to use, if fail cannot play card. Will test!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.