Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello merry companions,

I have several questions I would like to debate with you, from a strategic point of view to beat the game!

Viable Three Rings deck?

Is this even viable?! I've tried a deck with the Three Rings (Elrond, Galadriel, Círdan) and it broke.
Playing Galadriel is playing with one less effective Hero 'till you put the Ring on her (Nenya), starting 34 threat is also harsh because you'll be dealing with enemies since turn #1 and I don't see much support to those three Heroes.
There are some cool shenanigans with Vilya in play and Gildor but it takes time and time is running fast with these three.

Viable Hobbits deck?

Is there any viable all-Hobbits deck? With three Hobbit Heroes?

Combo Dwarfs!! Which ones?! Mining Dwarfs?! All-Leadership Reinforcement ones?!

Dwarfs! I love them Dwarfs!
Right now I'm playing Thorin + Dain + Nori (my go-to Threat manager) with lots of Leadership cards for shenanigans like these ones but I'm not playing Zigil Miner in my deck nor giving much into that...
Also, I'm not playing mono-Leadership which could give me more put-into-play with Reinforcements.
What's the go-to with combo-Dwarfs? It's best to dig or to explore Leadership and ETB effects?

The best Voltron?

IMO I think the best Voltron is Treebeard (hero edition) with Unexpected Courage since the 'Beard can defend and attack really well. But the support... meh!
Is there any better Voltron to play in this game?

Gandalf Hero... what to to with him?

I look at his card and... nothing happens! shake

If you'd build a 4~6-deck Gauntlet, what would them decks be?

Yup, I want to build one. I have 3x Core Sets and I'm using all the cards from those Cores to have max'ed Stewards and all the other stapples, so I could build at least one mono-sphere deck for each sphere and maybe two other multi-sphere decks like Dwarfs and Outlands.

What's the best Adventure to test a new deck just built?

I want to have an Adventure to use for purpose of deck testing. What's the best one to do so? The most balanced/rounded-up.

And that's all for now... if I remember another issues I'll keep posting them.

Thanks! sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick suggestions.

3 rings doesn't need Cirdan hero, it could use Gandalf OHaUH.

3 hobbits is very doable as sam/pip/merry using sneak attack, elfstone and the leadership secrecy event. It rocks. There is a good hall of beorn on it I think.

Voltron. There is an insane solo sam deck out there that the designers seem to be deliberately designing cards for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DAAAN wrote:
Quick suggestions.

3 rings doesn't need Cirdan hero, it could use Gandalf OHaUH.

3 hobbits is very doable as sam/pip/merry using sneak attack, elfstone and the leadership secrecy event. It rocks. There is a good hall of beorn on it I think.

Voltron. There is an insane solo sam deck out there that the designers seem to be deliberately designing cards for.

Humm... need to see them hobbitses!

Also didn't know that solo-Sam was a thing.
I'm also looking into Na'asiyah for a Voltron approach. Not for a solo Hero deck but can be a target for resource shenanigans and ready-effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles wohlganger
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 Rings - I've seen decks; the concept seems to work. I run a Gandalf Elrond deck that uses two rings and rocks most quests. Adding Galadriel wouldn't really hurt it, but I've got her stuck in my Outlands deck.

3 Hobbits - DAAAN covered it. My Sam/Pip/ tactics Merry deck works pretty well.

Dwarves - There are a lot of different ways to run dwarves.

Voltron - Not familiar with the term.

Gandalf Hero - combos with Elrond and ring to put anything from your hand into play for free, combos with expert treasure hunter for free draw, which also combos with Hidden Cache for card draw. Pretty much anything where knowing what is on top of the deck can combo, and any free event can be turned into card draw.

Gauntlet - I don't understand the question. Just play a whole cycle?

Test New Decks - The Massing at Osgoliath POD. It is my gold standard. If a deck can regularly make it to stage four, it's worth playing against other quests. If it can win consistently against the quest, it's a top-tier deck. The next test after that is the Battle of Lake-Town POD. Any deck that can regularly defeat both can beat pretty much any quest the game can throw at it. I've only had two decks that could do that. Links below.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/919831/sucessful-solo-deck-...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1599703/ruins-belegost-has-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oDESGOSTO wrote:
Hello merry companions,

I have several questions I would like to debate with you, from a strategic point of view to beat the game!

Viable Three Rings deck?

Is this even viable?! I've tried a deck with the Three Rings (Elrond, Galadriel, Círdan) and it broke.
Playing Galadriel is playing with one less effective Hero 'till you put the Ring on her (Nenya), starting 34 threat is also harsh because you'll be dealing with enemies since turn #1 and I don't see much support to those three Heroes.
There are some cool shenanigans with Vilya in play and Gildor but it takes time and time is running fast with these three.

Definitely viable. Three Rings with Elrond/Gandalf/Galadriel can get insane quickly with all the toys and the Gandalf/Vilya interaction. Yes, it starts with 36 threat, and yes you want Nenya quickly -- but when your other heroes are strong, Galadriel without Nenya isn't a death sentence.

For Galadriel/Elrond/Cirdan the obvious play would be Noldor, and mulligan for To the Sea! To the Sea! In the absence of Nenya, Galadriel and Cirdan's draw helps pay for strong allies, which Galadriel allows to quest and fight when played, and which can be readied later by Narya.

Quote:
Viable Hobbits deck?

Is there any viable all-Hobbits deck? With three Hobbit Heroes?

Sure, ever since Black Riders. Sam/LoPippin/TaMerry was a perfectly viable deck after that came out, and engagement-cost-related cards have continued to come out since then. Sam/LoPippin/SpMerry is also a strong deck.

Quote:
Combo Dwarfs!! Which ones?! Mining Dwarfs?! All-Leadership Reinforcement ones?!

Dwarfs! I love them Dwarfs!
Right now I'm playing Thorin + Dain + Nori (my go-to Threat manager) with lots of Leadership cards for shenanigans like these ones but I'm not playing Zigil Miner in my deck nor giving much into that...
Also, I'm not playing mono-Leadership which could give me more put-into-play with Reinforcements.
What's the go-to with combo-Dwarfs? It's best to dig or to explore Leadership and ETB effects?

Best is a matter of taste. Thorin/Dain/Nori may be the most powerful solo swarm deck, I think it's certainly the most popular. But Dwarven mining decks are also viable. There's no shortage of dwarf decks at ringsdb.com.

Quote:
The best Voltron?

IMO I think the best Voltron is Treebeard (hero edition) with Unexpected Courage since the 'Beard can defend and attack really well. But the support... meh!
Is there any better Voltron to play in this game?

Not sure what "Voltron" signifies, but here's my favorite decked-out hero combination:

TaTheoden, w. Snowmane, Herugrim, Golden Shield, Heir of Mardil, Day's Rising. Quest for three, ready for snowmane, defend for five and take no damage, generate a resource, ready for Heir of Mardil, attack for six with Herugrim.

Quote:
Gandalf Hero... what to to with him?

I look at his card and... nothing happens! shake

Look at his attachments. A decked-out Gandalf can do anything well. He particularly combos well Vilya (on Elrond) and Expert Treasure Hunter.

Quote:
If you'd build a 4~6-deck Gauntlet, what would them decks be?

Yup, I want to build one. I have 3x Core Sets and I'm using all the cards from those Cores to have max'ed Stewards and all the other stapples, so I could build at least one mono-sphere deck for each sphere and maybe two other multi-sphere decks like Dwarfs and Outlands.

You could go with ally trait:
1) Dwarf
2) Noldor
3) Silvan
4) Gondor
5) Rohan
6) Outlands

If you want you could swap out Outlands for Ents, though Ents go well in any deck.

If you want monosphere decks, I'd go with Outlands or Gondor for leadership, a traps/Rossiel deck for Lore, a Caldara deck for spirit, and a TaTheoden/TaEowyn/X Eagles deck for tactics. But there's tons of options.

Quote:
What's the best Adventure to test a new deck just built?

I want to have an Adventure to use for purpose of deck testing. What's the best one to do so? The most balanced/rounded-up.

I know Journey down the Anduin is a favorite for many, though it's probably not the best quest to test a 30+ threat deck. I've just been testing my deck against whatever quest follows the last quest I played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a viable Hobbit deck, check out http://ringsdb.com/decklist/view/535/sting-like-a-bee-1.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.