Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any insight as to if and when the iOS Dominion randomizers are going to get updated for the 2nd ed. changes and the sauna promo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Wright
United States
Manteca
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Jack of all Dominion. A few days ago it was updated to include 2nd Edition and the sauna promo. I haven't activated them as I do not own the new cards yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sterling Wright wrote:
I use Jack of all Dominion. A few days ago it was updated to include 2nd Edition and the sauna promo. I haven't activated them as I do not own the new cards yet.
Jack Of All Dominion is for Android. I'm not seeing it as iOS as well.

(Although I guess while we're on that, note that Dominion Shuffle for Android was also updated for 2E and Sauna)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion Adept was already updated for the new cards and Sauna. That's an iOS randomiser. I believe D-Minion was also updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
Dominion Adept was already updated for the new cards and Sauna. That's an iOS randomiser. I believe D-Minion was also updated.

I bought Adept and it seems fine except that it seems to always pick 2 Landmark cards and I can't figure out how to change that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Adept is my favourite, but I agree with the Landmark situation. You can change it to pick up to 0, 1, 2, or unlimited, but it almost always picks 2 when you select "up to 2", which is really annoying. Occasionally it does pick fewer (or none), but it is rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
Yeah. Adept is my favourite, but I agree with the Landmark situation. You can change it to pick up to 0, 1, 2, or unlimited, but it almost always picks 2 when you select "up to 2", which is really annoying. Occasionally it does pick fewer (or none), but it is rare.
Although not elegant nor convenient, you could use another app that randomizes lists and apply that for Landmarks (there aren't that many of them that it'd be a pain to input them by hand). I'd recommend Starting Player, but I discovered, that it got removed from the App Store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion Picker is my favorite randomizer by far. You can get to the website on your phone and it runs like an app from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Brennan
United States
Morris Plains
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies. I downloaded Adept for now. My favorite app is Dominion Deck builder, because it gives you very granular control and shows the cards and text for reference. But it's not been updated with Sauna or 2nd ed cards yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tatroe
United States
Windsor
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I'm the author of Adept—thanks for the kind words and thanks for noting this! I'll take a look and see if it's over-picking Landmark cards (it's definitely a bug if it is).

(Off the cuff, my suspicion is that is you have any sets disabled, you're going to see too many Landmark cards. IIRC, by the normal picking rules, you should generally see 1-2 (closer to 2) Landmark in any given Kingdom based on how many of them there are and how many other cards there are, so if you turn off a set, that messes with the ratio, which means I should probably proportionally randomly "toss" a certain number of them before mixing them into the randomizer deck.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the reply. I have all expansions included and am still getting 2 all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ktatroe wrote:
I'm the author of Adept—thanks for the kind words and thanks for noting this! I'll take a look and see if it's over-picking Landmark cards (it's definitely a bug if it is).

(Off the cuff, my suspicion is that is you have any sets disabled, you're going to see too many Landmark cards. IIRC, by the normal picking rules, you should generally see 1-2 (closer to 2) Landmark in any given Kingdom based on how many of them there are and how many other cards there are, so if you turn off a set, that messes with the ratio, which means I should probably proportionally randomly "toss" a certain number of them before mixing them into the randomizer deck.)

If I recall the official rules correctly, there are multiple ways of choosing how many landmarks to include and some would result in an even distribution of 0, 1, or 2. Even if that isn't the case, it would be a nice feature to have an even distribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.