Subject: Fair Trade and Collectibility demand? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
What would be a fair trade for this game, cost for cost? Or due to the demand in this game would it be higher? Do we think these first wave printings will be sought after as a collectible with the print run size, and popularity of League of Legends? I have no idea how closely related the game is to the video game if it all. Just that it is made by the same company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot have already said they'll print copies so long as there's demand and given the huge initial print run the collectability of a particular copy is one in a sea of options. There's nothing limited about any of the waves/print runs.

Check out the other threads highlighting the scalpers trying to flog these on eBay with minimal success [outside of countries who couldn't order in the first place]

So fair trade? Probably exactly what you bought it for, or less if you've opened it as anyone could just go buy their own copy.

The only thing I can see someone maybe getting intense about would be a low box number. And from what I recall the Germans seem to have gotten anything in the sub-1000 range. I can't see that being something worthy of a vast premium even then.

Box number thread link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it might be worth $75 right now. Maybe slightly more because you've taken the risk of getting it shipped, and have absorbed those shipping costs.

For first run collectability. I don't think so. If anything, subsequent print runs will be worth more because they will correct them (rules and cards).

Last thought: Because it is an unlimited print run until there is no longer any demand for it, the only time these might increase in value is after they stop printing it (i.e. after no one wanted to order it directly). As a result, there will be quite a lag between that moment and when the value increases over and above.

Just my prediction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Hossie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
I think it might be worth $75 right now. Maybe slightly more because you've taken the risk of getting it shipped, and have absorbed those shipping costs.

For first run collectability. I don't think so. If anything, subsequent print runs will be worth more because they will correct them (rules and cards).

Last thought: Because it is an unlimited print run until there is no longer any demand for it, the only time these might increase in value is after they stop printing it (i.e. after no one wanted to order it directly). As a result, there will be quite a lag between that moment and when the value increases over and above.

Just my prediction.

printing mistakes actually raise the value of collectability

everybody is right in here, I'm not sure of the collectibility value of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I imagine you might be able to get some premium once copies are "in the wild." Some people are going to want it for "right now" or for say Christmas. There is a 2 month window between now and the next shipment in December. But I would not expect anyone to buy it for the prices being asked on EBay right now.

It looks like 2 have sold in the market place.
One for 150 pounds and one for 100 euro.

So yes some markup.
More than I expected, but I don't always understand the irrationality of demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I know they said that the 2nd print in December that they couldn't guarantee Christmas delivery. So you might be right there. I couldn't believe what I saw on ebay. Nice to know they don't really sell at the really high prices. There are a bunch of auctions that have bids though, looks like the highest at the moment is just over $100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.