Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocky Pierce
United States
West Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
mb
His special ability says:
You can shoot a Bandit who is on the same Car as you are, on the other level, through the roof of your Car.

Is this 1 or 2 different things? It says in the same car are you (which seems clear), but then adds on the other level (which sounds like only on another level if it's in the same car) and then explains that he can shoot through the roof. If he was on the same level in the same car Tuco couldn't shoot that player. Is that the correct way to understand the rule? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Rpierce1892 wrote:
His special ability says:
You can shoot a Bandit who is on the same Car as you are, on the other level, through the roof of your Car.

Is this 1 or 2 different things? It says in the same car are you (which seems clear), but then adds on the other level (which sounds like only on another level if it's in the same car) and then explains that he can shoot through the roof. If he was on the same level in the same car Tuco couldn't shoot that player. Is that the correct way to understand the rule? Thanks.

Yep.

If Tuco and his target are both in the carriage or if they're both on the same roof he can't shoot them.

But if he's on the roof and they're down below (or vice versa) then he can fill them full of lead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I've heard people complain that Tuco's special ability is weaker than most of the others. Maybe a way of strengthening him would be to also allow him to shoot people that he's standing right next to.

Shrug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indenture Forlife
msg tools
It makes no sense if Tuco can't shoot people in the same car as him. Every other bandit can shoot people in the same car, inside or on the roof, so why can't Tuco?
Tuco's special ability is he can shoot people 'through' the roof (while still able to shoot people on the same level)

This makes him different from all the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook, Page 4, under the "Fire" heading:

Quote:
You cannot target a Bandit who is on the same spot as you.

This applies to all bandits, including Tuco.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocky Pierce
United States
West Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
mb
Indenture wrote:
Every other bandit can shoot people in the same car,

You can only shoot people in/on another car, and on the same level, not the same car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocky Pierce
United States
West Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
mb
randomlife wrote:
Rulebook, Page 4, under the "Fire" heading:

Quote:
You cannot target a Bandit who is on the same spot as you.

This applies to all bandits, including Tuco.

Wasn't sure if Tuco's ability changed this rule for him, but I now understand the rule. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely a poorly worded sentence with too many comma-separated phrases. Maybe it would have been better worded just as: "You can shoot a Bandit through the roof of your Car, either up or down."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
It's definitely a poorly worded sentence with too many comma-separated phrases. Maybe it would have been better worded just as: "You can shoot a Bandit through the roof of your Car, either up or down."

The original rules (for which I did the English editing) had a completely different ability for Tuco than what the game ended up with:

Quote:
When shooting a Bandit, make him move one Car in the direction of fire, bearing in mind that Bandits can never leave the train. If ever your Fire would make your target move beyond the Locomotive or the Caboose, he must stay where he is.

I suppose it was changed at the last minute because Tuco would have been even weaker, having an ability that (essentially) is no different from an extra punch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Meister
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that was Django's ability, not Tuco's. And that still is Django's ability, unless I'm missing something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
I thought that was Django's ability, not Tuco's. And that still is Django's ability, unless I'm missing something...

That's right. What Django's original abilities were is the following:

Quote:
When you are the only Bandit in or on a Car, you can play the Fire action against any other Bandit of your choice anywhere along the whole length of the Train, provided the Bandit is on the same floor as you. Django ignores the Line of Sight rule if he is on the roof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Meister
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting...seems like that could be a simple variant that people could play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.