$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 74.03

5,067 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
31.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: More from the Cult of the Donald rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
During his rally in Colorado earlier today, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said that the press cannot be believed, so it is best not to read anything from them. Instead, it is best to just “read the internet.”

“Forget the press, read the internet, study other things” Trump told the crowd. “Don’t go for the mainstream media. Most of them, good news, most of them fortunately won’t be around much longer.”


http://www.mediaite.com/online/forget-the-press-read-the-int...

And as I remember one of the key characteristics of the cult is to try to cut off outside influences, especially those that are critical of said cult.

So basically Trump is treating his supporters like complete idiots who have to be told what to think, and who should never ever think about looking at independent sources because that would be bad

He may actually be right this time. Anyone supporting now is probably a complete idiot because they are FDitKA and there is no hope for redemption until the ass kicking The Giant Yam gets in the election will wake at least some of them up
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He might have a point.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
He might have a point.


Has Fox News not been included in the analysis?
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
He might have a point.



Number of former heads of news channels working for a campaign?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
He might have a point.



You mean people should get all their information from the internet, like the White Supremacist one you quoted from in an earlier thread?

I do so thank you for making my point for me
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Dangerous
mb
Explain, then, why the Donald got over two billion dollars in free exposure during the primary.....

Darilian
15 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
He might have a point.



That's from employees, I see. Wonder how it would look if you looked at how much money the (vastly wealthier) parent organizations and the corporations that own them gave?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
He might have a point.


You could change that to 1948-2004 and you'd get the same thing. Yeah, journalism tends to lean liberal. The key is what they produce in public, not who they contribute to. If it is biased or one-sided, they should get hammered. If not, then piss off.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
You mean people should get all their information from the internet, like the White Supremacist one you quoted from in an earlier thread?


Yes, when "legit" news sites no longer provide complete information, you might have to get your information from less reputable sites.

Kumitedad wrote:
I do so thank you for making my point for me


You're welcome, I guess.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
That's from employees, I see. Wonder how it would look if you looked at how much money the (vastly wealthier) parent organizations and the corporations that own them gave?


Lets take a look

Disney

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000000128...

GE

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000000125...

CBS

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000022475

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
He might have a point.

remorseless1 wrote:
You could change that to 1948-2004 and you'd get the same thing. Yeah, journalism tends to lean liberal. The key is what they produce in public, not who they contribute to. If it is biased or one-sided, they should get hammered. If not, then piss off.
"Remember the MAINE 'incident'" M-O-R-E-! 'recently': Iraq; etc. whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
That's from employees, I see. Wonder how it would look if you looked at how much money the (vastly wealthier) parent organizations and the corporations that own them gave?


Lets take a look

Disney

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000000128...

GE

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000000125...

CBS

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000022475



Of those three, over the past two presidential cycles, looks like Disney prefers Dems and GE prefers Repubs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
wifwendell wrote:
That's from employees, I see. Wonder how it would look if you looked at how much money the (vastly wealthier) parent organizations and the corporations that own them gave?
jeremycobert wrote:


Lets take a look

Disney coal

GE coal

CBS coal
coal 'Piddly Pittances' and how CHEAP of ones at that! Now, how much did these MAKE from 'Lobbyist Revenue' in comparisons.
nuclear Disney HAD "overall family values" too maintain 'unlike' "R"-'Manson' kind.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
You mean people should get all their information from the internet, like the White Supremacist one you quoted from in an earlier thread?


Yes, when "legit" news sites no longer provide complete information, you might have to get your information from less reputable sites.

Kumitedad wrote:
I do so thank you for making my point for me


You're welcome, I guess.


Of course meaning that when mainstream sites don't tell me what I want to hear time to turn into the ones that will validate my viewpoint. Figured as much but thanks for confirming it.

Don't forget to get your list of approved sites from The Donald.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
He might have a point.



You mean people should get all their information from the internet, like the White Supremacist one you quoted from in an earlier thread?

I do so thank you for making my point for me


Wonder what brand of polish Jeremy uses for the jackboots?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Wonder what brand of polish Jeremy uses for the jackboots?


Kielbasa.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anemaat wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
He might have a point.


Has Fox News not been included in the analysis?



Interesting... The numbers roughly parallel donations by trump employees to their boss.

And heck with fox, what about talk radio?

And i had no idea "the media" meant only 5 news outlets.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
anemaat wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
He might have a point.


Has Fox News not been included in the analysis?



Interesting... The numbers roughly parallel donations by trump employees to their boss.



So wait - you are saying that people who work for Trump WANT to donate to his presidency?

He must be a horrible boss indeed!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.