Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys -
I've been creating the GeekList for a large auction and almost ready for it to start, but wanted to get some suggestions on timing:

The JVMF Auction will be starting this weekend, so maybe it is best to wait until that is over... but then it is Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc... pretty busy times.
However, people are possibly looking for presents to buy during those times.
If I wait until January, maybe people are not ready to buy again? (And it also means the games stay in their piles waiting to go for several more months.)

So, what do you think?
Run it now?
Wait until after the JVMF?
Wait until January?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
Hey guys -
I've been creating the GeekList for a large auction and almost ready for it to start, but wanted to get some suggestions on timing:

The JVMF Auction will be starting this weekend, so maybe it is best to wait until that is over... but then it is Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc... pretty busy times.
However, people are possibly looking for presents to buy during those times.
If I wait until January, maybe people are not ready to buy again? (And it also means the games stay in their piles waiting to go for several more months.)

So, what do you think?
Run it now?
Wait until after the JVMF?
Wait until January?

My opinion? If you have things you want to sell, they won't sell if you don't sell them. So start now! What's the worst that could happen? They don't sell? That's what happens if you wait, right? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.