Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Schnurr
United States
Oak Park
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a kickstarter backer for the West Front edition, and purchased East Front plus Stalingrad separately.

First off, I'm really enjoying the game. Played the first two scenarios over a few nights and <think> I've got most of the rules down.

But man, I wish the strategy guide was available to help teach me and refer to afterwards to see if I'm doing things right.

I understand the strategy guide is out of print now, but a new one is coming for backers of West Front? Is there any way to get the old one in PDF form? Or are there other resources I can use to learn to play?

Thanks for your time,
-Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Kinnear
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If you have not seen them yet, try the youtube videos that Shayne made, such as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uiiOkCIKK4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was for sale on the website, which I ordered and believe was charged for but have yet to have delivered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Mount Juliet
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
I see that the Strategy Guide II is for sale on the flying pig website but is it already printed and will it ship when you order. Or will it ship when OST II is ready? thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it more comprehensive than v1 (which was more of an example of play document, IMO)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I see that the Strategy Guide II is for sale on the flying pig website but is it already printed and will it ship when you order. Or will it ship when OST II is ready? thanks,

It will ship when OST II ships, which we believe we will have in your hands by April.

But you can get the original strategy guide when we run the OST I reprint Kickstarter. It kicks off on November 10th at Noon Eastern Standard Time, we will kickoff the Kickstarter for the reprint of Old School Tactical 1. For those of you who missed the original Kickstarter, it's a great way to get a cheap game AND... the first handful of pledges will get their game absolutely free (not including shipping).

We will begin shipping these reprint copies in January 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Mount Juliet
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Mark looking forward to it. I missed the first two kickstarters but not this one. I also plan to pre-order vol. II and the Paratroop expansion. A lot of good gaming in 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.