Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Kansiewicz
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the publishers be releasing a storage solution that will accommodate both sets of card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have quite a bit of space in my gruff box, I'd imagine I could fit both. Clash is much smaller
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have heard nothing about a storage solution yet. Could be a good stretch goal for the future expansion. Or a decent add-on. I sleeve cards and my Gruff box is full to the brim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Critchfield
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The current gruff box will fit all of Gruff and Clash (if the game is unsleeved and you remove the foam insert). Each of the games will fit in their own boxes if they are sleeved (And the inserts are removed). I am working on some solutions for the storage of multiple expansions which may be included as part of an upcoming Kickstarter Campaign. At the moment the most practical way to do this would be to create a high quality custom wooden container that is designed to accommodate multiple expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Forscience wrote:
At the moment the most practical way to do this would be to create a high quality custom wooden container that is designed to accommodate multiple expansions.

What's wrong with a plain long box? The larger cards might not fit in it normally, but they could be kept in a stack.

I don't know what the expense of custom-printing such a box is, but might I suggest printing stickers so that people could get their own box and then slap a sticker on top and each end to label it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Forscience wrote:
At the moment the most practical way to do this would be to create a high quality custom wooden container that is designed to accommodate multiple expansions.

What's wrong with a plain long box? The larger cards might not fit in it normally, but they could be kept in a stack.

I don't know what the expense of custom-printing such a box is, but might I suggest printing stickers so that people could get their own box and then slap a sticker on top and each end to label it?

That seems like a lot of efforts for a very small reward. White Wizard Games has paired with Legions Supplies for their games, releasing long boxes filled with custom sleeves, and a promo card on top. I believe this would be an interesting deal for Studio Woe as well.

The boxes by themselves are nothing to write home about, they're just thick cardboard with some of the game's iconic artwork slapped on it, but they do the job fairly well. I only have the star Realms one but it holds everything, sleeved, up to United (not included). I fear United my be the straw that breaks the camel's back though. They used a glossy finish on top of it, and it really helps selling the game at game nights, rather than your plain old Ultra Pro deck box!
They've also included dividers made of the same material, that are, let's face it, EXTREMELY handy! I can divide my starter decks, my year one Star Realms (base+Crysis+promos) and my year two (Colony Wars+United+Promos). I love that they put them but they would be irrelevant for Gruff.

The sleeves I did not try. I went with Ultra Pro for Star Realms, and Dragon Shield for Gruff. But I might change that. I don't play the game enough and Dragon Shield is very nice, but too expensive. Anyway, branded sleeves for be especially nice if they included the oversized sleeves for character cards. I could see the names being on the card's back being a problem, though.

The promo card for the Star Realms longbox was also very good, very interesting, and there were three copies of it. Which is better than Epic, having only one copy, when you need three to make a deck, and never need more than one copy of the SR's promo. Go figure.

I think this would be an interesting partnership for Gruff, and would not hinder the creation of a better, wooden, luxury box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Kansiewicz
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received Clash in the mail last week, and the base game box accommodates all of the cards quite nicely, and the other box can store a couple of decks, perhaps the demo decks found in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.