Support:

J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/22/business/opinion-donald-tr...

Trump wrote:
What has been made clear by current events and financial upheavals since 2008 is that the global economy has become truly that -- global.

The near meltdown we experienced a few years ago made it clear that our economic health depended on dependence on each other to do the right thing.

We are now closer to having an economic community in the best sense of the term -- we work with each other for the benefit of all.

I think we've all become aware of the fact that our cultures and economics are intertwined. It's a complex mosaic that cannot be approached with a simple formula for the correct pattern to emerge. In many ways, we are in unchartered waters.

The good news, in one respect, is that what is done affects us all. There won't be any winners or losers as this is not a competition. It's a time for working together for the best of all involved. Never before has the phrase "we're all in this together" had more resonance or relevance.

My concern is that the negligence of a few will adversely affect the majority. I've long been a believer in the "look at the solution, not the problem" theory. In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability.
Is this possible? Is this a new frontier? Yes and no. There is the fait accompli strategy -- stay under the radar -- and the passive aggressive strategy, acts of terror used to paralyze and so on -- so the bottom line must be balance. Rationality must rule. There are philosophical approaches to economics. However, at this point, we don't so much need philosophy as we need action. Which way to proceed is the question.

You ask about Europe in crisis as an opportunity for investment. I see the world in crisis at the moment. I'm a firm believer that there are always opportunities whether the markets or up or down, but it requires insight and sometimes creativity to see those opportunities. I have no doubt that the balance we need will be achieved, but it won't happen overnight.

Europe is a tapestry that is dense, colorful and deserving of continued longevity and prosperity. There are many pieces that must be carefully fitted together in order to thrive.

Our challenge is to acknowledge those pieces and to see how they can form a whole that works together well without losing any cultural flavor in the process. It's a combination of preservation along with forward thinking.

Europe is a terrific place for investment. I am proud to have built a great golf course in Scotland after searching throughout Europe for five years for the right location. I've seen many beautiful places.

The future of Europe, as well as the United States, depends on a cohesive global economy. All of us must work toward together toward that very significant common goal.

I like this Trump, too bad he's no longer available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillary let people die 4 years ago. What difference does it make now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
If that doesn't matter, why did you bring it up? My opinion would be that it does matter, but what you said is actually false. It's off-topic though.

Do you prefer old Trump or new Trump in reference to the above op-ed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Hmmm ... I thought it was the Libyan branch of Al-Qeada that killed Ambassador Stevens and three of his bodyguards. Man, gotta stop listening to the Main Stream Media.

Question: did Hillary use an AK, or was she throwing Molotov Cocktails*?

*-Like the Communism reference? Figured you would
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Likelihood that was entirely ghost written by someone else?

If not, does this make a good case for serious mental collapse? Content aside, his recent stuff isn't even close to that coherent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Hmmm ... I thought it was the Libyan branch of Al-Qeada that killed Ambassador Stevens and three of his bodyguards. Man, gotta stop listening to the Main Stream Media.

Oh Im sorry, did you read what I said as, HILLARY KILLED people?
That is not what I said.
Care to give it another go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Oh Im sorry, did you read what I said as, HILLARY KILLED people?
That is not what I said.
Care to give it another go?

You don't think Killary murdered people with her bare hands?

Sheeple, learn the truth, pull the blinders off! SHE DIDN'T NEED A GUN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no fucking way HE wrote that himself. It's far to insightful and eloquent. I got a fundraising letter from him and it started:

"In November Americans will have..." Who the fudge are "November Americans"?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In November, Americans....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Do you just turn on and off your concern for people being killed? Does it only matter if a democratic political figure can be implicated? By the way, did the State Department under Clinton have carte blanche from the congress to fund a greater security presence or were their hands tied to some extent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/22/business/opinion-donald-tr...

Trump wrote:
What has been made clear by current events and financial upheavals since 2008 is that the global economy has become truly that -- global.

The near meltdown we experienced a few years ago made it clear that our economic health depended on dependence on each other to do the right thing.

We are now closer to having an economic community in the best sense of the term -- we work with each other for the benefit of all.

I think we've all become aware of the fact that our cultures and economics are intertwined. It's a complex mosaic that cannot be approached with a simple formula for the correct pattern to emerge. In many ways, we are in unchartered waters.

The good news, in one respect, is that what is done affects us all. There won't be any winners or losers as this is not a competition. It's a time for working together for the best of all involved. Never before has the phrase "we're all in this together" had more resonance or relevance.

My concern is that the negligence of a few will adversely affect the majority. I've long been a believer in the "look at the solution, not the problem" theory. In this case, the solution is clear. We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability.
Is this possible? Is this a new frontier? Yes and no. There is the fait accompli strategy -- stay under the radar -- and the passive aggressive strategy, acts of terror used to paralyze and so on -- so the bottom line must be balance. Rationality must rule. There are philosophical approaches to economics. However, at this point, we don't so much need philosophy as we need action. Which way to proceed is the question.

You ask about Europe in crisis as an opportunity for investment. I see the world in crisis at the moment. I'm a firm believer that there are always opportunities whether the markets or up or down, but it requires insight and sometimes creativity to see those opportunities. I have no doubt that the balance we need will be achieved, but it won't happen overnight.

Europe is a tapestry that is dense, colorful and deserving of continued longevity and prosperity. There are many pieces that must be carefully fitted together in order to thrive.

Our challenge is to acknowledge those pieces and to see how they can form a whole that works together well without losing any cultural flavor in the process. It's a combination of preservation along with forward thinking.

Europe is a terrific place for investment. I am proud to have built a great golf course in Scotland after searching throughout Europe for five years for the right location. I've seen many beautiful places.

The future of Europe, as well as the United States, depends on a cohesive global economy. All of us must work toward together toward that very significant common goal.

Did he say that or write it?

Because if he said it, he has had a huge decline.

He is, no joke, almost incomprehensible at times recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
maxo-texas wrote:

Did he say that or write it?

Because if he said it, he has had a huge decline.

He is, no joke, almost incomprehensible at times recently.

In his defense (OMG, I must be out of my mind) he has been on the campaign trail for over a year now. Constant traveling, irregular meals, little rest, likely only few hours of (uninterrupted) sleep and all that at 70 years of age. He may not be able to deal with that mental and physical toll anymore. (I am not sure if I could and I am a good deal younger than him.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Do you just turn on and off your concern for people being killed? Does it only matter if a democratic political figure can be implicated? By the way, did the State Department under Clinton have carte blanche from the congress to fund a greater security presence or were their hands tied to some extent?

Under Clinton, State asked for significantly more funds for security than Congress deigned to grant. I'm sure they figured that money would just be wasted on protecting diplomats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Under Clinton, State asked for significantly more funds for security than Congress deigned to grant. I'm sure they figured that money would just be wasted on protecting diplomats.

What what what? She's now blaming it on Congress?

That takes balls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

That takes balls.

I didn't say she was blaming Congress. But it's a fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

That takes balls.

Well, without a quote from Hillary, it appears that Wendell is the one doing the blaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

That takes balls.

Well, without a quote from Hillary, it appears that Wendell is the one doing the blaming.

Right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't care what their opinions were then, I care what their opinions are now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Panderers love voters like you. Until he reconciles why he changed his opinion, and to be fair, many politicians don't, he can be suspected of saying what he thinks you want to hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
TheChin! wrote:
Sarxis wrote:
Panderers love voters like you. Until he reconciles why he changed his opinion, and to be fair, many politicians don't, he can be suspected of saying what he thinks you want to hear.
Exactly.

Because here's a hint for the "I care what their opinions are now" folks: Trump's opinions "now" can easily change back to what Trump's opinions were "then" at a moment's notice given his history & lack of any guiding principles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

That takes balls.

Keep up sparky. Congressional funding for security of US diplomatic missions has been a part of the story from day one. The fact that you were unaware betrays your monomaniacal focus on everything bad being the direct fault of Obama or Clinton. Start trying to think of Benghazi as just another political football.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.