GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 61.18
27.6% of Goal | 29 Days Left
I'm hosting a game night next week and I was looking for clarification on few rules that I know will be questioned with my gaming group (apologies if these have been asked before):
1) Swordmaster skill
1a) If using a dagger - does the dagger effect multiply so you are rolling with 4 dice?
1b) If you have dual wielding weapons already equipped (2 swords) is the Swordmaster skill essentially null or does it stack with the two identical weapons (rolling with 8 die instead of 4)?
2) Order of zombie movement - Is there a set order in which zombie classes move? I ask because when I've used the minotaurbomination, it seems that if he went first and charged through a wall, it would affect the path of travel for other units.
3) Bloodlust Melee - Does a survivor have to have immediate line of sight when using this skill?
4) Can skills like reaper be used only once per turn or does it take effect with each successful action.
1) the swordmaster skill simply adds a virtual dualwield icon to each melee weapon, so you can use 2 copies of the same melee weapon together in a single melee combat action
1a) if using 2 dagger each gives the other dagger +1 dice, so total 4 dice
1b) if using melee weapons that already have the dualwield icon then nothing changes at all.
2) while there is no fixed order in which to perform zombie movement, it is generally done per each zone and per activation.
the rules of the abominotaur state he breaks the wall before any zombie moves.
3) the skill doesnt require line of sight
4) the reaper skill is always in effect in each combat action, not just once per turn.
New South Wales
A few additional points...
1a) With or without Swordmaster, two Daggers gives 4 dice, as Angelus states. This example is in the rulebook too.
Swordmaster is a very weak Skill. It really only affects the Great Sword, as that's the only Melee weapon without the icon that there are two of. Having said that, characters with Swordmaster tend to have some pretty powerful other Skills to compensate.
2) As stated, the Abominotaur is the only one you need to activate before others. This is stated in his rules. You do need to make sure that you resolve all attacks before any Zombies move as well.
I strongly recommend you don't use the special Abominations in your first few games, by the way. Learn the rules with the standard Zombies before adding the special types in.
4) If a Skill has a once per turn limitation, it will be mentioned cearly in its description.
It really only affects the Great Sword, as that's the only Melee weapon without the icon that there are two of.
There are two Bastard Swords in Wulfsburg. They also do not have the dual wield icons. I put them in my base game deck because there are a few characters that can carry them in their body slots. This at least helps those with Swordmaster a little bit and I didn't want characters to be drawn for play and not have those swords available for their body slots. We put all the characters into a common pool to draw from. (Also, I put Transmutation into my base game deck for the same reason.)