Subject: first player to move rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Shafer
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
What happens at the start of the game all 3 of the tiles are worth more then 5 buttons (clockwise of the marker) How far does the first player move? If there is no other player on the board to move past.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there is a starting spot that both players start on. So in order to move past the second player, you'd move 1 space and collect 1 button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan The Dwarf
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The start player will always be able to take at least the first tile since the marker is placed before the 2 space tile that costs 2 buttons and 1 time. The second player may have to pass and move up 2 spaces therefore collecting 2 buttons. But there is no way that the first player would ever have to pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was placed AFTER the 2 piece. I wondered why it mattered. Now I'll have to look again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seasnan wrote:
The start player will always be able to take at least the first tile since the marker is placed before the 2 space tile that costs 2 buttons and 1 time. The second player may have to pass and move up 2 spaces therefore collecting 2 buttons. But there is no way that the first player would ever have to pass.

The neutral token begins just clockwise of this small patch.

Since you are allowed to buy one of the next three patches clockwise, this small patch is the last to be come available for purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
seasnan wrote:

As others noted, that is incorrect; for reference, here are the relevant rules:
rules wrote:
Setup:
Locate the smallest patch, i.e. the patch of size 1x2, and place the neutral token between this patch and the next patch in clockwise order.

Take and Place a Patch:
You can choose from the three patches in front of the neutral token (in clockwise order).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan The Dwarf
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I stand corrected. I guess I've been playing this work for a while... It just makes for sense to me the other way around so I never questioned it. Glad I came across this post! Thanks for clearing this up for me and sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
also been playing this wrong

i always put the starting piece before the small piece, to initiate the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.